Directs, influences and supports Camp Fire councils in resolving financial issues and council sustainability. Negotiates and resolves issues related to assessing council obligations and payments to Camp Fire National Headquarters. Monthly and annual support of accounts receivable and general ledger.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess councils' financial strength, accountability, and transparency in conjunction with formal council assessments performed in cooperation with the Vice President, Council Effectiveness.
- Analyze financial health of councils through annual ratio analysis.
- Negotiate and resolve issues of council obligations to national headquarters and payments:
- Audit the Camp Fire financial reports submitted by councils to the national headquarters to assure that councils are consistently and equitably assessed.
- Collect past due payments of financial obligations.
- Negotiate settlements of and payment plans for past due balances.
- Determine and establish allowance for doubtful collection of council assessments in support of national headquarters' financial reporting.
- Analyze quarterly the integrity of accounts receivable from councils.
- Identify fees and assessments that are not likely to be collected.
- Establish an allowance for doubtful receivables.
- Forecast timing of cash receipts, and makes a judgment call relative to short-term versus long-term potential for collections by council.
- Invoice charter fees, rent, after-school contracts, ELSA dues.
- Prepare monthly general journal entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a periodic basis.
- Assist in annual audit and budget process.
- Direct projects that support the vision and mission of national headquarters.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For consideration, please e-mail your cover letter and resume (preferably MS Word attachments) along with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Fire is an equal opportunity employer in every regard.