What Does the National Youth Advisory Cabinet (YAC) Do?
YAC's Critical Roles:
- Advise National Headquarters on how to communicate with youth and teens
- Advise National Headquarters on strategies to attract new youth and teens while continuing to light the fire within current participants
- Advise National Headquarters on issues and concerns important to youth and teens
- Represent Camp Fire nationally and locally at key conferences and special events
- Adopt service projects and major initiatives that measurably advance the National YAC responsibilities, purpose, and promise
What does the YAC do?
- Represent Camp Fire at national conferences and events
- Provide real-time research to corporations and funders who wish to access teen leaders
- Interact and make friends with teens from all across the nation
- Facilitate group discussions with prominent leaders
- Send hundreds of letters to youth across the country in honor of Camp Fireâ€™s Absolutely Incredible Kid Day
- Guide Camp Fire to develop meaningful, innovative programs such as: InterACTION, Stand Up. Stand Out., Wohelo update, The Leadership Challenge: Youth Edition by Dr. Barry Posner, and more!
- Create youth-targeted national marketing materials for Camp Fire
- Plan service and leadership objectives for upcoming National Youth Leadership Experiences
- Make a difference