12 Volt Handheld Spotlights In 2023: Our Top Picks
Spotlights, or portable lights, are an important part of being prepared. You can never be too prepared, especially when it comes to outdoor activities and emergencies. If you have a yard, garage, or another place in your home that can act as a storage area for items like flashlights and lanterns, you should have them on hand at all times.
This article will discuss 6 different options for spotlights that run on 12 volt car batteries. These range from battery powered to hand crank powered. We’ll also discuss pros and cons for each, so you can make the best choice for your needs and situation.
Our team had to focus on researching and sifting through 17 hours to get such results for readers. These studies are based on customer star reviews and interviews about their feelings when using the product. When it comes to finding the 12 volt handheld spotlights, we believe GOODSMANN Marine Spotlight Corded Handheld Corded Spot Lights for Boats 12 Volt DC Glare-Free Halogen Spotlight 9924-H202-01 is a worth product to buy. If you're looking for additional options and more in-depth advice, you may check out the following.
RELATED: We did the research for you. Our research has helped many users find the best search lights. Compare prices, features, and opinions from the experts.
Our Top Picks
- DESIGNED FOR THE OUTDOORS: This GOODSMANN hand-held spotlight will prove to be useful during power outages, off road automotive incidents, inside garages, or emergency situations. It can also be used during camping, boating, fishing, hunting, hiking, patrolling and road trips
- 12V DC HALOGEN SPOTLIGHT: It provides 1400 Lumens with 530M beam distance, for wider beam and maximum brightness
- POWERFUL BRIGHTNESS HALOGEN SPOTLIGHT. This GOODSMANN spotlight generates 1500 lumens and improves the halogen bulb for maximum brightness. The ultra-long-distance illumination can range up to 2030 FT
- STURDY AND TOUGH MATERIAL. This GOODSMANN spotlight is made from strong impact resistant ABS plastic, which can protect it from drops and bumps during use. And it is easy to carry due to its light weight
- Low: 40 lumens; 7,900 candela; 178m beam distance; runs 82 hours
- Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a long-range targeting beam with optimum peripheral illumination
- [Rechargeable Flashlight with 4 Modes] High, low, medium, strobe. Built-in 8000mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery, ensuring up to 10 hours of runtime. With USB cable, rechargeable searchlight can be charged by powerbank,computer,car charger,wall charger.
- [Power Display & Waterproof] High lumens flashlight has battery power indicator to enable user to control the usage according to the state of charge. IPX5 waterproof to ensure that it can emit light even when it heavy rains(Do not put it in the water).
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our products come with 12-Months Warranty. Contact us for fast replacement and after-sales services.
- ULTRA BRIGHT LIGHT: It provides 750 Lumens with Cree LED. 450M beam distance, for wider beam and maximum brightness.
- 90-degree pivoting head provides versatility for lighting work surfaces
- 2 brightness settings pf the rechargeable work light provide flexibility for maximum light output or extended run-time
- LIGHT POWER: 18 million candle power of light
- DURABLE DESIGN: Durable rubberized construction to stand up to heavy use and the outdoors; Adjustable swivel stands so you can point the light exactly where you need it
- Zohi 15L FROG LIGHT - RECHARGEABLE FLOOD LIGHT, SUPER BRIGHT FLASHLIGHT - Don't get caught in the dark - This 1500 lumen handheld LED rechargeable spotlight flashlight illuminates an ultra long distance. Spot lights 500 yards with 3 adjustable brightness levels makes this a great boat light.
- PORTABLE, ULTRA HEAVY DUTY, IMPACT RESISTANT, WATERPROOF AND SUBMERSIBLE - Take this powerful handheld marine spotlight flashlight, searchlight, torch everywhere. Perfect for camping, hunting, fishing, boating, sailing, hiking, car repair or emergencies such as hurricanes and power outages. Submersible to 1 meter and even floats if dropped in the water. The best cordless spotlights you’ll ever own.
- Lifetime warranty & 24-Hrs online after-sale service: Despite our best efforts, we still can't guarantee that our handheld spotlight are 100% trouble-free. We feel very bad about it and are actively working on solutions. If you receive a defective spot lights, contact us and we will immediately send you a replacement unit for free. NO RETURN REQUIRED. And don't worry about that Amazon's return window was closed.
- A rechargeable flashlight with serious lasting power-up to 20 hours: Stop searching for batteries that are never there when you need them. Our handheld spotlight features 3 long-lasting, built-in rechargeable batteries(10000mAh).It can provide you with up to 20 hours of lighting time and can be recharged over 1000 times. An output port built into the bright flashlight can be used as a power bank to charge your devices in emergency.
- 🔦Waterproof and Floating:Ready for any weather with its water-resistant IP67 rating.
- 🔦Rechargeable Battery: AC and DC charging adaptors are included, allowing you to recharge the spotlight at home or inside a vehicle
What to Look For in a 12 volt handheld spotlights?
Buyers are frequently hesitant to purchase 12 volt handheld spotlights. Certain factors should be considered while making a significant purchase. Our understanding and expertise with 12 volt handheld spotlights will assist you in making the right decisions.
Please take the following points into consideration before selecting 12 volt handheld spotlights:
You might want the spotlight to be focused on one thing while you use your hands for something else. You might consider purchasing a flashlight that can be used hands-free, if necessary.
You might also consider using a flashlight that emits an SOS signal if you are out in the country.
It is important to ensure that the spotlight has a sturdy and solid construction. Many of these spotlights have a waterproof feature that makes it resistant to rain and other sources of water.
The IP rating is a measure of an object's water resistance. IP is an acronym for Ingress Protection. A rating IP is made up of two numbers. The first represents resistance to dust, and the second the resistance to water. A higher number indicates greater resistance.
You can then find out the battery life rating either in hours or in mAh. In both cases, a higher rating means a longer battery life. There are two types of mAh ratings: 5000 mAh and 10000mAh. The latter is the best battery life rating.
All handheld spotlights have a lumen rating. Based on which model you choose, it can be either 1000 lumens (or 6000 lumens). The higher rating of 6000 lumens offers greater brightness.
RELATED: Are you looking for a best red flashlight that meets your needs while also being cost-effective? Find the best one for you here.
How Bright Are 1000 Lumens?
A distance of one foot, 1 lumen brightness equals 1 candle cake brightness. 1000 lumens equals 1000 candles placed 1 foot away. A beam that can reach 200m in distance is possible with a thousand lumens.
What Should I Look For When Buying Spotlights?
This depends on the purpose of your spotlight. You should generally look for an easy-to-use, portable, adjustable, bright, or dimmable spotlight. These things make a spotlight effective, regardless of the purpose.
Are Spotlights Waterproof?
Some spotlights may not be waterproof. If you're looking for a marine spotlight, ensure it is waterproof. It will float back to the surface if submerged in water.
What Makes A Good Spotlight?
A good spotlight should have three qualities. It should be simple to charge. It will prevent any complications. You should have different light levels. It will be difficult to use a flashlight that produces 6000 lumens but only 6000 lumens. Because you'll be carrying it around a lot, you should find it easy to transport.
What Is The Brightest Handheld Spotlight?
Handheld spotlights with a maximum lumen output of 6000 lumens are the brightest. This is a good example of how bright a handheld spotlight can be. A light output of 6000 lumens covers approximately 40 football fields. There are brighter lights, but 6000 lumens is the best handheld spotlight light. You can see far from a dark body of water with a brightness of 6000 lumens.
Is 6000 Lumens Too Bright?
In the majority of cases, 6000 lumens will be too bright to do what you want. Only situations where 6000 lumens would be sufficient are those that involve water. These situations will require a lot of light. You can also get by with just 1000 lumens in these cases.
What Are The Best LED Spotlights?
Our list includes all the best rechargeable flashlights on the market. The spotlight you need can be chosen.
How Many Lumens Are Good For A Spotlight?
The spotlight should have a lumen output of 200 lumens. Each spotlight on our list has a lumen output greater than 200. Some spotlights have a greater number of lumens, which is ideal for more ordinary usage.
Are Rechargeable Spotlights Any Better?
Rechargeable spotlights are my preference over disposable batteries. However, this is subjective and can vary from one person to another.
We constantly update the list of 12 volt handheld spotlights as new data becomes available. For the most up-to-date information, please visit our website regularly.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries or concerns with 12 volt handheld spotlights. If you ask, we'll do our hardest to help you in any way we can!
READ NEXT: The Best 10 Person Tents For Camping Of 2023