Best 4 Bike Platform Hitch Rack: Buying Guide 2023
1. Best Of The Best: MaxxHaul 70210 Hitch Mount Bike Rack 4-Bike Rack
MaxxHaul 70210 Hitch Mount Bike Rack 4-Bike Rack by MaxxHaul is the perfect rack for transporting your bikes to any adventure. The sturdy design includes a swing down feature that allows you to easily access the rear of your vehicle. This bike rack fits 2 inch receivers, and is made with a powder coated to resist rust or corrosion. Rigid all steel construction makes this bike rack lightweight and easy to take on the go. Read Review
2. Runner Up: Tyger Auto TG-RK4B848B Deluxe 4-Bike Hitch Mounted Bicycle Platform
Get the Tyger TG-RK4B848B 4-bike platform to attach 2 bikes to your hitch. Ensure your bike is safe on the road, even when driving at high speed. The tough E-coating finish offers superior rust resistance and matches the outdoor terrain all cyclists would enjoy. It also features a design that is both rugged and stylish. Read Review
3. Best Economical: MaxxHaul 50027 Hitch Mount Bike Rack Platform Style 2-Bike Rack
MaxxHaul 50027 Hitch Mount Bike Rack Platform Style 2-Bike Rack is the ultimate in hitch bike racks. With its unique hook design, it adjusts to accommodate different size bike frames for safe and reliable transport. The center hitch mount attaches directly to your vehicle's tow ball without any need for drilling - a hassle-free installation that's nearly effortless. Read Review
4. Best Easy Set Up: Hollywood Racks Destination 4 Bike Hitch Rack
Hollywood Racks has created a bike rack that folds flat against your car when not in use, or when parking in a garage. The hitch rack's frame is made with high-quality steel, and it fits into 2" hitch receivers only. It is not to be used with a 1-1/4"-2" Hitch receiver Adapter, or on any other type of vehicle - either towed or driving by itself. Read Review
If you want to get more storage space for your bike, you should get a hitch rack. They are one of the best ways to carry multiple bikes and keep them secure. A hitch rack is not only convenient but can also be mounted easily on your car.
With a rack, you can carry up to four bikes at once, giving you more storage options than with other types of racks for two bikes. A hitch rack holds your bikes by clamping onto your car’s receiver tube and mounting arms. The clamping action ensures that no matter how bumpy the road gets, your bike won’t fall out.
However, they aren’t always the most secure of solutions if you want to keep your bike safe from thieves. Luckily, there are some great 4-bike platform hitch racks available if you want one but don’t know where to start. Here are our top picks.
Our team spent about 15 hours researching, sifting, and selecting many high-quality models. MaxxHaul 70210 Hitch Mount Bike Rack 4-Bike Rack is the product that receives the highest award from us. In addition to the other suggestions on this list, which are equally deserving of your consideration, we have also compiled a helpful buyer's guide to assist you in making your decision.
Our Top Picks
Best Of The Best
MaxxHaul 70210 Hitch Mount Bike Rack 4-Bike Rack
- Towing Capacity (lb.):150
- PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND BROWSE OUR A+ PAGES FOR MORE PRODUCT INFORMATION
- Powder coated to resist rust and corrosion. Rigid all steel construction. Includes reflector for added safety
- FEATURES – Free hitch keylock | Full tilt for convenient access to trunk and bikes | Collapsible and foldable when not in use | 3 Strap down points per bike + long belt strap to secure the entire payload and protect your bikes from scratches
- FITMENT – Fits all types of dual-arm bikes on vehicles equipped with 2 inch hitch receivers. Max 15kg or 33lb for each bike. (Please check listing photo for exemptions)
- EASY INSTALLTION – Can be completed in minutes. Note: Rack is incompatible with attachments such as front baskets, crossbar/rear bags & panniers, baby seats, training wheels etc..
- Fits Class III and IV standard 2" hitch receivers. 80 lbs Maximum Capacity or up to 40 lbs per bike
- Fit Type: Universal Fit.Patent Pending.PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND BROWSE OUR A+ PAGES FOR MORE PRODUCT INFORMATION..Unique hook design adjustments using quick hitch pins assist in accommodating different size bike frame for safe and reliable transport.
- Vertical post can be quickly removed for compact storage
Best Easy Set Up
Hollywood Racks Destination 4 Bike Hitch Rack
- With a max wheelbase of 48" And max tire width of 3", This lightweight rack accommodates most kids bicycles, ladies frames, Hybrids, road, and mountain bikes
- Folds up flat against the car when not in use. Ideal for storage or when parking in a garage
- Each bicycle sits in a movable wheel tray and uses Ratchet straps to secure the wheels. The adjustable centre post has a sliding and rotating attachment cradle that is used to secure the bikes frame
Trimax Road-MAX Hitch Mount Tray
- Compact and light weight design allows user to easily store product in the car trunk
- Arm can fold when not in use for gate access
- Adjustable padded arm to support the bikes vertically
- LIMITED LIFETIME MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: KAC will replace defective parts or materials for as long as you own your rack. (Please note that use on RVs and 5th-wheel trailers is prohibited.)
- SAFE AND SECURE, EVERY TRIP: With tire and frame straps, locking adjustable padded frame hooks, and a locking anti-wobble hitch system, your bike is safe and secure from bumps, bangs, and theft on this powder-coated, heavy-duty hitch bike rack.
- ANYTIME ACCESS: Reach for your gear without removing your bike rack. A quick-release tilt lever provides easy access to your vehicle’s rear cargo area, no bike unloading required. This rack creates a low profile and stores easily when not in use, thanks to its compact folding design.
- Not to be used on any trailer, fifth wheel or towed vehicle – Any trailer or trailered vehicle has a slight side to side motion that's very low frequency (1 to 1-1/2 times per second) that fatigues the steel from which the racks are manufactured
- Features patented "No Wobble-No Tools" hitch tightening system | Easily fold the rack flat against the car when not in use, or tilt it down for easy cargo door access
- Includes keyed alike locking hitch pin with 8' security cable to prevent rack sway, and locking frame hooks to deter theft
- [ BIKE COMPATIBILITY ] - Easily transports up to 4 bikes and is compatible with 2" hitch receiver. Fits most frame sizes, shapes and style including Fat Tire and Electric Bikes . Bikes with low Y-frame may require the use of an Bike Frame Adapter for better support .Maximum capacity of 70Ibs per bike.
- [ QUICK RELEASE TILT DESIGN ] - Quick release handle easy to operate. Smart Tilting construction used to fold up and down rack more easily than hitch pin when carrying bikes.
- [ EXTRA GIFT FOR YOUR SAFETY ] - Extra safety reflector and tie down strap including. Safety reflector to ensuring the night driving safety. And highly recommended to use safety strap to secure bikes more safely.
VENZO 4 Bike Bicycle Platform Style Carrier - Bike Rack for Car SUV Truck Tow
- EXTRA HEAVY DUTY: Safety is the 1st priority. The rack passed the most strict tests which include driving, pulling, vibration and swinging tests. TUV Test Standard PASSED: With 1.5 times of max load weight, no bending or cracks after testing. ( NOT for RV )
- FOLDABLE: The arms could be folded for you to access the car rear boot or easy storage when not in use. 4 BIKE RACK , 2" HITCH Weight: 35.5Kg = 78.26lbs, Max Load: 15kg or 33lbs per bike
- PLATFORM CARRIER: Much Easier to put your bicycles on than clamp holder, and compatible with all kind of bicycles. The bike is securely sitting in the tire holders, so no heavy load on the top tube compared with other carriers. No more swinging handlebar and spinning wheels which may cause scratches on car or bike.
- SLEEK AND COMPACT: Fits longer bikes, up to 50" wheelbases, on a single bar. Adjustable arms and wheel trays fit almost any type of bicycle
- FIT FOR ALL: Load it up with mountain bikes, electric bikes, kid’s bikes, road bikes, insert-any-bike-type-here bike, and the SuperClamp will carry them safely to their destination.
- FEATURES: For use with 2" hitches only, ratcheting arms pivot on case hardened brackets for superior strength, and reflectors on outside wheel trays ensure extra visibility in low ligh
What to Look For in a best 4 bike platform hitch rack?
Some consumers are concerned about ordering best 4 bike platform hitch rack. Various aspects should always be explored before making big product choices. Our expertise on best 4 bike platform hitch rack will help determine the best possible decision.
Please keep in mind the following points before selecting best 4 bike platform hitch rack:
Ease Of Use
Hanging racks are a great option for a common bicycle, the diamond-frame. You can lift the bike and slide it on the rack. Once it is secured, you can bungee it to the front wheel. It also gives you the opportunity to do some bicep curls before going on your ride.
A platform rack is a better choice for bikes with heavier frames or unique designs. It is easier to transport the bike because it has a lower frame. Once you get it on you won't need to move it around to make adjustments. It can be difficult to hang a bike on a rack.
The ramp is often the most cost-effective option, but it's also the most convenient. You can simply place your bike on the platform rack using this feature. This feature is great for riders with heavy bikes such as e-bikes and cruisers.
Bike Wheelbase Compatibility
Hitch Receiver Size
If you intend to transport several heavy ebikes, the 2-inch larger hitch will be able to hold heavier loads. You'll also find adapters for most racks to accommodate both sizes.
This is most commonly used in platform racks. It is an arm that extends from the platform to ratchet down on your bike's tires. They secure the bike to the platform. They are often reinforced with straps that run around the wheel's bottom to increase security.
The strap system is used in every hanging rack that we have seen. It's strong and reliable, but it can be damaged or broken by users. Many straps secure bikes with at least two straps at every attachment point. Your bike could fall off if the shepherd's hook is broken (which happens very rarely).
Wheel Size And Tire Width Compatibility
It only takes seconds for someone to steal your bicycle from the rack, whether you are going to a shop or just to get you home at night.
Your entire rack can be taken if someone is equipped with the right tools. If you don’t own a garage, this can pose a problem.
Maximum weight capacity for a bike
If you plan on transporting heavy downhill mountain bikes or e-bikes, fat, and/or cruiser bikes, make sure to check the rack's weight limit. Each design listing will indicate the bike's maximum weight. This amount may vary greatly. For comparison, standard road and mountain bikes weigh less than 35 pounds. E-bikes, however, can be up to 50 pounds. We recommend that you upgrade to a more robust model if your weight is close to or above the max. It's worth it to avoid breaking the rack or invalidating your warranty.
Bike Frame Compatibility
Hanging racks may not work well if your bike is a mountain bike or step-through, as well as a smaller child's bike.
Do All Bike Racks Fill All Cars?Although most bikes racks can be adjusted, they are not universally compatible. There are simply too many shapes and sizes of bikes to make this possible.
You need to know the dimensions of your rear bumper if you are thinking of buying one. There are different rear racks that work well with various cars, such as saloons and hatchbacks. You can find the manufacturer's website to check which racks will fit your vehicle.
A roof rack that is not compatible with the current roof bars may also be incompatible. There are two types: the traditional square-profile or more modern, oval aero bars. Oval bars cut through air and reduce drag. They also produce less wind noise. Make sure your roof rack will fit with any shape of roof bar you choose.
Do Bike Racks Damage Your Car?A hitch-mounted rack has a greater chance of being preferred to a trunk-mounted one. This is because the hitch does not have contact with the vehicle's body. It reduces rubbing on the paint. This keeps the rack from contacting any parts of the body where it could damage or dent.
No matter how careful a company takes when creating a rack system, human error is always possible. If the rack is not on the car, opening the hatchback can cause the rack to be lifted off the vehicle.
It can damage the rack and cause scratching. When you reach the back of your car, make sure that the rack is not in the way.
If you aren't careful, bikes can contact your car. Sometimes platform racks are used to transport the bike near a car's rear window. If the road is particularly bumpy, this can make it more likely that the handlebar will pass through the window.
This can be solved by moving the cradles closer to the windows. The front tire can hang unsupported, which could lead to it bumping into your car.
Although it's not as serious as breaking windows, the damage to the finish can be severe over time. This is a simple fix. To solve the problem, secure the wheel using a strap and bungee rope.
Are Hitch Bike Racks Better?Hitch racks can be a good option if your car has that capability. Mounts that attach to the hitch receiver are better than trunk racks and roof racks. They also protect your vehicle's finish.
These racks are also easier to set up than any other option. This is great news for those who don't need a rack in their car all day. It's attached with a steel pin so it takes only one step to attach it to a trailer hitch and then one to take it off when it's time to go.
Which Car Bike Rack Is Best?Each person will have their own opinion on the best bike rack for them. It's almost impossible to pick the right bike rack for each situation because there are so many factors.
It is best to determine your requirements and then choose the rack that best suits you. A good hang rack will allow you to easily transport your bicycle around the house.
A platform rack can be a great choice if you are concerned about keeping your bike clean and safe. People who have difficulty lifting their bikes from the platform rack are also able to use it.
You get more features the higher your price. Racks with high-end features include security levers and buttons, which makes them more user-friendly. You can also access the trunk with these racks without having to remove your bikes.
Consider the things you can live without, and what you really need. You'll be able to find the right rack by balancing your needs and spending budget.
Can You Put A Bike Rack On Any Car?You should find the right bike rack for your vehicle amongst many options. For some styles, you will need to attach a hitch or crossbars/tracks to the roof. Before you make a purchase, be sure to check the specifications on the rack.
What Is The Best Bike Rack For Four Bikes?There are versions of both platform and hanging racks that can accommodate four bikes. The hanging racks are more difficult to protect your bikes as they attach from the top. The bikes can swing or hit each other while traveling thanks to this.
It is possible to space out fewer bikes, which reduces risk. Space is constrained with only four bikes. Make sure that your cradles are sufficiently spaced so the bikes don't collide, even with minimal swings.
Platform racks make this less problematic as bikes can be locked in place by both wheels. This adds stability and strength. Because the platform racks are lower, it's easier to place the bikes onto them.
Why Are Bike Racks So Expensive?A high-quality bike rack is essential if you are to keep your bicycle safe. Racks made of durable materials will last for years, protecting your investment. A cheap rack will cause damage to your bike or vehicle.
How Do You Transport A Bike Without A Rack?Some bikes can be put in the trunk, back or under the vehicle. However, it may not work if the front wheel is removed. You may not be able to accommodate some bikes in your vehicle. A friend who has a van can help you to transport your bicycle.
What Is The Easiest Bike Rack To Use?Each type of rack has its advantages. Hanging racks can be used if you don't have to lift your bike. You can secure your bike by placing it on the arms. Then tie the straps and bungee your front wheel.
The platform racks are easier to use than the cradles, but they require less muscle. They do require a little more effort to secure the bike. Swing-away racks make it easy to reach the rear of your bike. If you have a lot to carry (for example, camping trips), one of these racks might be a good choice. ).
Our developers make it reliable for the info by their rich experience. best 4 bike platform hitch rack data is also kept up to date on any occasion. You might relax knowing that the information is updated and accurate.
Try reporting any best 4 bike platform hitch rack problems or inconsistencies so that we can make your life better. Thanks to your feedback, we'll push for even greater quality levels!