The Best 5 Bike Rack For 2023
1. Best Overall: Allen Sports Deluxe Locking Quick Release 5-Bike Carrier
With its unique 5-bike capacity and sturdy design, the Allen Sports Deluxe Locking Quick Release 5-Bike Carrier is the perfect bike carrier for your home or on the road. The easy to use locking system keeps your bikes securely in place while the padded pads protect delicate frames from scratches. Read Review
2. Best Bang For The Buck: YAKIMA, RidgeBack Tilt-Away Hitch Bike Rack, 5 Bike
The RidgeBack is a quick and easy to install rack that secures your bikes to the back of your vehicle with a hitch-mounted rack that can carry two, four or five traditional geometry bikes. It comes fully assembled and installs quickly and easily with no tools required. The SpeedKnob tightens to secure the rack to your vehicle’s hitch. Read Review
3. Best Realiable: Thule Apex XT 5 Bike Hitch Rack , Black
Thule Apex XT 5 Bike Hitch Rack is a premium hanging hitch bike rack that gives you the flexibility of attaching to 1.25" or 2" hitch receivers. This bike rack uses hitch-mounted arms to give you two positions for your bikes, plus it has a locking mechanism so you can secure your bikes while they're not in use. Read Review
4. Best Economical: CURT 18065 Premium Trailer Hitch Bike Rack Mount, 5 Bicycles, Black
With our premium black powder coat finish, this hitch mount bike rack is corrosion resistant and withstands moisture. The rubber cradles fit multiple bike sizes and will not scratch the bike frames. Secure your bikes while on the go with adjustable cradles that prevent tire damage. Read Review
When it comes to car storage, you have a lot of options. You can purchase an automatic car garage, or you could even opt for a smaller, manual option. If you’re tight on space and need extra flexibility with your car storage, a bike rack might be the answer! A bike rack is an accessory that holds multiple bikes and allows them to be loaded onto a vehicle (car, truck, etc.) quickly and easily.
They’re becoming increasingly popular as more people choose to cycle more often rather than always driving their cars. This is excellent news for the environment and your fitness if you prefer public transport or walking instead of getting into a car to go somewhere! As well as being great for the planet, using your bike instead of driving also means less carbon is released into the atmosphere which helps keep global warming at bay. Here are the best five bike racks so that you can make your own decision on what one is right for you!
Our team spent hours researching, sifting, and selecting many high-quality models. Allen Sports Deluxe Locking Quick Release 5-Bike Carrier with a wide range of bicycle frame designs is the product that receives the highest award from us. In addition, we have compiled four other bike racks to expand your choice.
RELATED: The top best 4 bike rack of the 2023 on the market, but the only one you should be aware of. We analyze and evaluate all of the top-rated products for your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
- Locking hitch insert fits 2 inch Receiver hitches
- Individual tie downs secure and protect bicycles
- Accommodates a wide range of bicycle frame designs
Best Bang For The Buck
YAKIMA, RidgeBack Tilt-Away Hitch Bike Rack, 5 Bike
- Want more peace of mind? Lock your bikes to the rack with the HandCuff locking cable (sold separately) so you can adventure without worry
- Protect your bikes from dents and scratches with the anti-sway cradle that eliminates bike-to-bike contact; Zero-hassle ZipStrips secure your bikes to the rack
- Get your bikes on the road without the hassle with the RidgeBack; Carry 2, 4 or 5 traditional geometry bikes to your next ride (slanted top tube bikes require the TubeTop adapter, sold separately)
Thule Apex XT 5 Bike Hitch Rack , Black
- Bike arms fold down when not in use
- Anti-sway cradles prevent bike contact
- Rack tilts down for rear of vehicle access
CURT 18065 Premium Trailer Hitch Bike Rack Mount, 5 Bicycles, Black
- INTEGRATED SAFETY. This bike carrier hitch features integrated reflectors to enhance safety on your vehicle. It also comes with a support strap for improved stability (use of support strap is required)
- EASY TO USE. This premium hitch bike rack is designed to be fast and easy to use whenever needed. It conveniently mounts onto virtually any industry-standard 2-inch x 2-inch trailer hitch receiver. It also comes with an anti-rattle hitch pin
- VERSATILE FIT. For versatile use, this trailer hitch bike rack features tapered arms, allowing you to mount bikes with large or small frames. It's great for families with adult bikes and kids' bikes
- LENOX CAR BIKE RACK: Answering the call to adventure shouldn’t be the most difficult part of your cycling journey. Which is why we have designed our Lenox Car Rack 5–Bike Hitch to provide the convenience you need when looking to take on your next two-wheeled conquest.
- ADAPTER INCLUDED: Lenox comes with an adapter to minimize wobble of bikes during transport. After your bike riding adventure, Lenox easily down for simple storage when not in use.
Venzo 5 Bicycle Bike Rack 2" Hitch Mount Car Carrier -for SUV Hatchback
- REFLECTOR: The reflector is located at the end of the rack, which makes your trip much safer. Max Load : 15kg or 35 lbs Per Bike.
- ORDER NOW, WORRY FREE! We're so confident about our product quality that we can provide a life time warranty ! Made in Taiwan.
- TILT BACKWARDS: The rack could be tilted backward to allow tailgate opening without taking the bikes off the carrier. NOTE: If you have ladies, Kids, or Y shape Frame bikes, please use a bike adaptor (NOT included).
YAKIMA - FullTilt Tilting Hitch Rack, 5 Bike
- Carry any bike: FullTilt 4 is a hanging rack, which allows you to carry any type of bike with traditional frame geometry (bikes with slanted top tubes require TubeTop adapter, sold separately)
- Smart design: UpperHand lever tilts the rack down to access the back of your vehicle and folds flat for easy storage; AutoPin automatically positions and secures the rack into the hitch receiver
- Protect your gear: Tool-free locking SpeedKnob for quick and easy installation to your vehicle; Included SKS cable lock system secures rack and bike mounts
41"L Wave Bike Rack, Black, Flange Mount, 5-Bike Capacity, Lot of 1
- Rugged 12 gauge steel construction
- Polyester powder coat finish
- Fits up to 5 bikes safely and securely
- Kids bikes and ladies frame bikes may require top tube adapter to fit on the rack
- Max Capacity: 35lbs per bike
- 🚲 Heavy-Duty Bike Racks For Tow Hitch: Made of solid Stainless Steel, with a protective powder coating, our bike stand is extra-durable, stable, break-resistant, and withstands the elements without getting covered in rust.
- 🚲 Modern Bike Rack For SUV, Car, Truck: Whether you need a reliable car bike holder, SUV bicycle rack, or truck bike rack, you are in the right place. This universal bike rack comes in a trendy color that will brighten your vehicle.
What to Look For in a best 5 bike rack?
When selecting a suitable best 5 bike rack, a variety of factors have been found. Information sources are available in a wide range of forms. As a basis, we are doing it to support, inform, and solve your demands.
Please keep these things in mind before selecting the best 5 bike rack:
Bike Frame Compatibility
Hanging racks may not work well if your bike is a mountain bike or step-through, as well as a smaller child's bike.
Maximum weight capacity for a bike
If you plan on transporting heavy downhill mountain bikes or e-bikes, fat, and/or cruiser bikes, make sure to check the rack's weight limit. Each design listing will indicate the bike's maximum weight. This amount may vary greatly. For comparison, standard road and mountain bikes weigh less than 35 pounds. E-bikes, however, can be up to 50 pounds. We recommend that you upgrade to a more robust model if your weight is close to or above the max. It's worth it to avoid breaking the rack or invalidating your warranty.
This is most commonly used in platform racks. It is an arm that extends from the platform to ratchet down on your bike's tires. They secure the bike to the platform. They are often reinforced with straps that run around the wheel's bottom to increase security.
The strap system is used in every hanging rack that we have seen. It's strong and reliable, but it can be damaged or broken by users. Many straps secure bikes with at least two straps at every attachment point. Your bike could fall off if the shepherd's hook is broken (which happens very rarely).
Hitch Receiver Size
If you intend to transport several heavy ebikes, the 2-inch larger hitch will be able to hold heavier loads. You'll also find adapters for most racks to accommodate both sizes.
It only takes seconds for someone to steal your bicycle from the rack, whether you are going to a shop or just to get you home at night.
Your entire rack can be taken if someone is equipped with the right tools. If you don’t own a garage, this can pose a problem.
Ease Of Use
Hanging racks are a great option for a common bicycle, the diamond-frame. You can lift the bike and slide it on the rack. Once it is secured, you can bungee it to the front wheel. It also gives you the opportunity to do some bicep curls before going on your ride.
A platform rack is a better choice for bikes with heavier frames or unique designs. It is easier to transport the bike because it has a lower frame. Once you get it on you won't need to move it around to make adjustments. It can be difficult to hang a bike on a rack.
The ramp is often the most cost-effective option, but it's also the most convenient. You can simply place your bike on the platform rack using this feature. This feature is great for riders with heavy bikes such as e-bikes and cruisers.
Bike Wheelbase Compatibility
Wheel Size And Tire Width Compatibility
RELATED: Friendly, expert advice and help from real experts to find best 2 bike trunk rack of 2023. We compiled the list of top models in the guide here.
Why Are Bike Racks So Expensive?
A high-quality bike rack is essential if you are to keep your bicycle safe. Racks made of durable materials will last for years, protecting your investment. A cheap rack will cause damage to your bike or vehicle.
Are Hitch Bike Racks Better?
Hitch racks can be a good option if your car has that capability. Mounts that attach to the hitch receiver are better than trunk racks and roof racks. They also protect your vehicle's finish.
These racks are also easier to set up than any other option. This is great news for those who don't need a rack in their car all day. It's attached with a steel pin so it takes only one step to attach it to a trailer hitch and then one to take it off when it's time to go.
Can You Put A Bike Rack On Any Car?
You should find the right bike rack for your vehicle amongst many options. For some styles, you will need to attach a hitch or crossbars/tracks to the roof. Before you make a purchase, be sure to check the specifications on the rack.
What Is The Best Bike Rack For Four Bikes?
There are versions of both platform and hanging racks that can accommodate four bikes. The hanging racks are more difficult to protect your bikes as they attach from the top. The bikes can swing or hit each other while traveling thanks to this.
It is possible to space out fewer bikes, which reduces risk. Space is constrained with only four bikes. Make sure that your cradles are sufficiently spaced so the bikes don't collide, even with minimal swings.
Platform racks make this less problematic as bikes can be locked in place by both wheels. This adds stability and strength. Because the platform racks are lower, it's easier to place the bikes onto them.
How Do You Transport A Bike Without A Rack?
Some bikes can be put in the trunk, back or under the vehicle. However, it may not work if the front wheel is removed. You may not be able to accommodate some bikes in your vehicle. A friend who has a van can help you to transport your bicycle.
Do Bike Racks Damage Your Car?
A hitch-mounted rack has a greater chance of being preferred to a trunk-mounted one. This is because the hitch does not have contact with the vehicle's body. It reduces rubbing on the paint. This keeps the rack from contacting any parts of the body where it could damage or dent.
No matter how careful a company takes when creating a rack system, human error is always possible. If the rack is not on the car, opening the hatchback can cause the rack to be lifted off the vehicle.
It can damage the rack and cause scratching. When you reach the back of your car, make sure that the rack is not in the way.
If you aren't careful, bikes can contact your car. Sometimes platform racks are used to transport the bike near a car's rear window. If the road is particularly bumpy, this can make it more likely that the handlebar will pass through the window.
This can be solved by moving the cradles closer to the windows. The front tire can hang unsupported, which could lead to it bumping into your car.
Although it's not as serious as breaking windows, the damage to the finish can be severe over time. This is a simple fix. To solve the problem, secure the wheel using a strap and bungee rope.
Do All Bike Racks Fill All Cars?
Although most bikes racks can be adjusted, they are not universally compatible. There are simply too many shapes and sizes of bikes to make this possible.
You need to know the dimensions of your rear bumper if you are thinking of buying one. There are different rear racks that work well with various cars, such as saloons and hatchbacks. You can find the manufacturer's website to check which racks will fit your vehicle.
A roof rack that is not compatible with the current roof bars may also be incompatible. There are two types: the traditional square-profile or more modern, oval aero bars. Oval bars cut through air and reduce drag. They also produce less wind noise. Make sure your roof rack will fit with any shape of roof bar you choose.
Which Car Bike Rack Is Best?
Each person will have their own opinion on the best bike rack for them. It's almost impossible to pick the right bike rack for each situation because there are so many factors.
It is best to determine your requirements and then choose the rack that best suits you. A good hang rack will allow you to easily transport your bicycle around the house.
A platform rack can be a great choice if you are concerned about keeping your bike clean and safe. People who have difficulty lifting their bikes from the platform rack are also able to use it.
You get more features the higher your price. Racks with high-end features include security levers and buttons, which makes them more user-friendly. You can also access the trunk with these racks without having to remove your bikes.
Consider the things you can live without, and what you really need. You'll be able to find the right rack by balancing your needs and spending budget.
What Is The Easiest Bike Rack To Use?
Each type of rack has its advantages. Hanging racks can be used if you don't have to lift your bike. You can secure your bike by placing it on the arms. Then tie the straps and bungee your front wheel.
The platform racks are easier to use than the cradles, but they require less muscle. They do require a little more effort to secure the bike. Swing-away racks make it easy to reach the rear of your bike. If you have a lot to carry (for example, camping trips), one of these racks might be a good choice. ).
With new information arriving, our editor will usually update the best 5 bike rack frequently. Please constantly check our site for the most up-to-date material.
We will try our best to help you with more best 5 bike rack. You are supposed to be free to ask for assistance with your problems.
READ NEXT: The Large Campfire Coffee Pot: Greatest Buying Guide In 2023