The Best Camper Toilet: Suggestions & Considerations
1. Best Overall: Camco Portable Toilet for RVs, 5.3 Gallons, Gray (41541) , White
Camco portable toilet for RVs will provide you with a convenient, clean and healthy restroom on the go. The camco 5.3 gallon portable toilet is compact enough to fit in the back of your RV for an added convenience. It's made from durable materials and can be used outdoors or indoors. Read Review
2. Runner Up: SereneLife Portable Toilet with Carry Bag – Indoor Outdoor Toilet
Keep your toilet clean and odorless with this SereneLife Portable Toilet. The portable toilet is small enough to fit in the trunk of your car but large enough to sit on comfortably. Its 37x41x35cm size means you can take it with you wherever you need to go, in a tent or on the road. Read Review
3. Best Versatile: TRIPTIPS Portable Toilet Foldable Toilet for Car Camping Toilet
TRIPTIPS Portable Toilet is a perfect portable folding toilet for camping, long-time trip! It can be simply packed into 2 inch thick small ,very space-saving and easy to carry! Make your journey more comfortable and easier for traffic jam, camping, hiking, boating, long road trips. Read Review
4. Best Durable: Portable Toilet Camping Porta Potty - 5 Gallon Waste Tank - Durable
This Portable Toilet Camping Potty by Porta Potty® is an eight-gallon capacity. It has a three-gallon holding tank, and five-gallon waste tank. The holder is made of high density polyurethane that can withstand extensive travel out on the open road. Use it time and time again on your next adventure! Read Review
Having a portable toilet in your camper is a necessity. It won’t be comfortable, but when you’re out on the road it can make all the difference. If you’ve never been inside a portable toilet before, you may be wondering what type of experience it will be like.
Every toilet has its own benefits and features that will either improve your camping experience or leave you wanting more. There are several things to consider when looking for the best camping toilet so you can make an informed decision. Depending on your needs and budget, read on to learn more about the best camper toilet out there.
Our team had to focus on researching for 15 hours to get such results for readers. This type of study uses customer star ratings and customer interviews on their product experiences. In addition, Camco Portable Toilet for RVs, 5.3 Gallons, Gray (41541) , White is one of the most wonderful models available, and it comes highly recommended by us. We also show the other fantastic alternatives with a complete guide which is worth your consideration below.
RELATED: Our top 10 best toilet for camping has been researched and selected by our expert team through 2,682 reviews.
Our Top Picks
- Side latches secure the tank to the toilet
- Measures 15.5 inch H x 14 inch W x 16 inch . Please note: Total Seat Width is 13 inches. Seat dimensions (inside) are: 8.5 inch W x 9 inch D
- Sealing slide valve locks in odors and protects against leakage
- Bellow type flush and sturdy construction
- 5.3 gallon holding tank is detachable; 2.5 gallon flush tank
- DO YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE – Take our small, portable toilet anywhere you need to go. From camping, caravan, or trailer vacations with your family to boating trips with friends, use this portable bathroom both inside and outside with ease.
- CONVENIENT, COMPACT, AND PORTABLE – The SereneLife portable toilet is small enough to fit in the trunk of your car but large enough to sit on comfortably. Its 37x41x35cm size means you can take it with you wherever you need to go, in a tent or on the road.
- LARGE CAPACITY OF UP TO 120 FLUSHES – Our extra-large tank of 5.3 gallons holds more sewage than ever before, saving you the hassle of changing it often. Flush it up to 120 times with confidence – the waste tank level indicator will let you know when to empty it.
- LEAK-PROOF AND ODORLESS DESIGN – To prevent unnecessary messes or spills, our design features a rotating emptying spout, allowing you to quickly and discreetly empty it when full. And it has a double-sealed drain valve to keep any nasty smells in.
- STURDY AND EASY TO CLEAN – This leak-proof cassette toilet for RV travel is crafted from high-density, premium quality polyethylene for a corrosion-resistant travel toilet. It is an easy-to-clean material that is highly durable, making it perfect for your adventures.
- 【SIMPLE TO USE】: Set up and fold down in seconds, super easy! Compatible with any 6-8 gallon bag for easier clean up. Make doing your business on the road a breeze.
- 【PACKAGE】 : 1x Portable toilet , 1x Waterproof handy bag, 1x Manual.
- 【EASY TO CARRY】: This is a perfect portable folding toilet for camping and long-time trip! It can be simply packed into 2 inch thick small ,very space-saving and easy to carry! Make your journey more comfortable and easier for traffic jam, camping, hiking, boating, long road trips.
- 【MULTI-FUNCTIONS】: It can be used not only as a toilet for car or camping, but also a small stool, trash can, storage box, indoor toilet for people in need of care, vomiting bucket for pregnant women, etc.
- 8-GALLON HOLD - You'll get a 3-gallon freshwater holding tank plus a 5-gallon waste water holding tank with this camp toilet (that's up to 50-70 flushes)!
- ULTRA DURABLE - Made of high-density polyurethane, this camping and RV toilet can withstand extensive travel out on the open road. Use it time and time again on your next adventure!
- WATERTIGHT SEAL - With our top-tier toilet tech, odor is a thing of the past. This portable camping toilet has a watertight seal that contains all odor and foul smells until it's ready for disposal.
- EASY TO USE - When your portable bathroom is ready to be refilled, just use the 2 labeled side latches. Each tank comes with a strong cap to ensure no leakage whatsoever.
- FULL-SIZED CONVENIENCE - This travel toilet is the answer for full bladders everywhere. With a full-sized lid, our porta potty is perfect for the comfort of adults and kids alike. No more holding it in for hours!
- 【SIMPLE TO USE】Easy to set up in seconds! Compatible with any 6-8 gallon bag for easier clean up. Make doing your business on the road a breeze.
- 【EASY TO CARRY】Packs down only 2.4 inches high, very compact and space-saving!Lightweight and Comes with a handy bag for easy transport.
- 【MULTI-PURPOSE】It is a perfect portable toilet for camping, a ideal travel toilet for riding/ hiking,/fishing,/boating/hunting, a Car toilet for traffic jam /long road trips, a Portable potty for outdoor on beach etc.
- 【WHAT YOU GET】1x portable folding toilet + 1x Manual + 1x Waterproof carry bag. Worry-free warranty, and friendly customer service.
- 【NEW UPDATE】New TRIPTIPS portable toilet series: ①Functional Cover Design, Makes you free to switch various modes of use, as a toilet, a stool, a storage box or Trash can. ② More Comfortable，Higher size brings a more relax experience.③ Washable and Strong resistance to fall and pressure, could hold up to 400 lbs
VINGLI Upgraded Portable Sink and Toilet Combo
- ✔ [EXTRA-LARGE CAPACITY]: Sink – 5 gallon self-contained tank provides fresh water for washing hands and food. Made of eco-friendly food grade material, drinking water is allowed for storage. Toilet – 3 gallon flushing tank and 5.3 gallon waste tank; provide 95 to 98 times effective flushes in a flat state; allows to empty or refill it less often. Both can be supported by extra water tank.
- ✔ [WATER FLUSHING]: Sink - Foot pump supports a stream of water with manually controlled switch. No plumbing required when used in garden connected with garden pipe. Toilet – Piston pump flushes the bowl with fresh water. T-type 3-way flushing removes the waste easier.
- ✔ [ODORLESS & LEAK-PROOF]: Made of high density polyethylene, it features anti-leakage and anti-crackable. Sealing value prevents the waste from leaking and giving off smell. Liquid chemicals can be put into fresh water tank for aromatic air.
- ✔[EASIER-TO-EMPTY]: Toilet - Slippery surface of the bowl refuses attachment of waste and prevent you from washing. Rotating pour spout allows you to dump it quickly without splashing. There’s a vent for release the bottom pressure; a level indicator for showing the inner waste amount. When the indicator turns red, it reminds you of the time to empty the waste tank.
- ✔ [GO IN COMFORT ANYWHERE]: Lightweight, detachable, compact and foldable. Built-in handles and carrying bag (bag is only for toilet) make the transportation much easier. No installation is needed for the toilet. No tools is needed for the installation of sink.
- 【Suitable for All Ages】: This folding toilet seat only weighs 4.4 pounds and has a stainless steel frame, rust resistance and durability. Long lasting comfort——SOFT, cushioned seat with wood core provides long lasting durability. With its capacity to hold weight up to 350 lbs, this portable toilet seat is suitable for various ages.
- 【Designed for Comfort】: This stainless steel portable toilet with soft seat, and perfect chair height will provide you with the optimal relaxation and comfort. This camping portable toilet is suitable for long car trips, construction sites, fishing, winter fishing, hiking, outdoor living, parties, park festivals, camping.
- 【Portable & Easy To Carry】: Portable toilet seat is designed to be both portable and lightweight. This toilet seat can be folded and fit into your car’s storage or compartment and be rrought during long Car Trips, beach nights, and camping. It takes up minimal space in the storage.
- 【Easy Cleanup & No Mess】: Place the plastic ring on the seat, toilet bags will be held in place by a removable plastic ring. BLIKA portable toilet is perfect to be accompanied with 8-gallon size toilet replacement bags. After using, rinse the seat with water or wipe with paper as needed to keep clean.
- 【Package List】: 1X Portable Folding Toilet Seat + 1X Plastic Ring+ 1X Carry Bag + 1X Toilet Paper Holder. If you're not satisfied with this item at any time within one month of purchase, we'll provide a refund or replacement.
- CARRY BAG INCLUDED: To increase portability while traveling, we have included a customized carry bag that will allow you to fit the toilet and carry it in a convenient way.
- EASY TO CLEAN - Comes with a detachable waste holding tank to make it even more convenient to empty and clean. No tools required since both tanks are a one-piece construction. Simply detach and clean.
- EXTRA LARGE TOILET TANK: 5.3 gallon toilet tank which is larger than most camping toilets. Fresh water capacity provides up to 50 flushes which means you can use it longer before any need to empty.
- CLEAN DESIGN - Comes with a matte finish to conceal any scratches, and allows you to scrub clean without worries of any damaging. Corrosion resistant side latches lock tanks together, each tank being a one-piece construction, making it seamless.
- COMPACT - Fits most compact spaces, dimensions: (16.14” x 13.78” x 16.14” inches) compact design for easy storage and will provide you with Bathroom Relief practically anywhere you are!
VIVOHOME 5.3 Gallon Waste Tank Portable Indoor Outdoor Toilet Compact
- LARGE CAPACITY - The toilet has a large capacity; The upper layer has a capacity of 3.2 gallon for storing clean water, and the lower layer has a capacity of 5.3 gallon for sewage storage; The upper and lower layers can extend the use time of the toilet and meet the needs of people with indoors disabilities or outdoor activities
- DURABLE MATERIAL - Our portable toilet base is made of PE material, with strong structure, corrosion resistance, odorless, non-toxic, low temperature resistance and other important characteristics; With low carbon recyclability, HDPE is a type of material that will not hurt the environment; PP toilet seat has high quality characteristics such as strength, stiffness, hardness and heat resistance
- PORTABLE & CONVENIENT - No need to have a emergency runs during your outdoor travel, picnic, party and gathering; The toilet is designed with a handle, which is convenient to carry, and is equipped with a packaging bag. It can be assembled or disassembled anytime and anywhere, and can be put in your car; You can take this portable toilet to the any corner of the world and will not feel cumbersome at all
- SIMPLE SETUP -This portable toilet is particularly easy to use and install; Before use the toilet, remember to pull the handle, close the toilet lid, and press the button several times to clean the inside of the toilet; The upper and lower parts of the toilet are tightly connected together, and there is no extra gap around the slide valve; Great sealing will not affect your living environment
- EASY TO CLEAN - The toilet is portable and easy to clean at the same time; The detachable design makes it easy to clean up the internal dirt; It is equipped with a sprayer and a brush to clean up any part of the inner wall of the toilet
- COMPOSTING TOILET: The T-type water outlet of portable toilet can effectively flush the bowl; And the rotating pour spout can help you dump the waste quickly without splashing; The humanized level indicator can remind you to empty the waste tank, when it turns red, which means full-tank waste
- RECYCLING WORKING: The hand washing station provides 4.5 gallon fresh water for washing hands, food or dishes; Then the used water can flow into the fresh water tank of the rv toilet to flush the waste; The combination design can maximize water utilization to be friendly to the environment
- EASY TO INSTALL: For its detachable and compact design, the outdoor sink can be set up by yourself in minutes without needing additional tools; The detailed user guide can help you accelerate the process very much; While the camping toilet needs no installation
- SAFE & LEAK-PROOF: The camping wash basin and porta potty are both made of high-density HDPE material, which is safe to wash items and anti-leakage to prevent the nasty odors of waste; Strong structure and durable materials for long-term use
- PORTABLE CAMPING SINK: The portable handwashing station can make you feel as convenient as in a real bathroom or kitchen, when you are outdoors; Just need to step on the hands-free foot pump to get continuous water, wash hands with the liquid of soap dispenser, finally hang the towel on the rack
What to Look For in a best camper toilet?
Consumers are frequently hesitant to purchase best camper toilet. Several factors should be considered while making a significant purchase. Our understanding and expertise with the best camper toilet will assist you in making the right decisions.
Today's best camper toilet has been substantially upgraded with greater functionality and offers more safety for users than older-generation devices.
Before deciding on a best camper toilet for your life based on your desire or the product's qualities, there are a few things to consider. We hope the information provided here will assist you in locating the best option. Let's see what we can do.
Polyurethane plastic is a good choice if you are going with plastic. It reduces the odor and provides better comfort. An HDPE-material mix will also be eco-friendly.
It doesn't mean you have to buy the biggest toilet available to make sure it holds enough water. There are many options that offer a combination of small size and large tanks for waste disposal.
A water tank is also important. Manual flushes are the best option. It doesn't mean you have to spend a lot to enjoy a flushing system that is efficient.
Portable toilets that have tanks have the advantage of having a flushing system. This allows you to use the toilet multiple times without needing to empty it. They can be heavy so make sure to store the toilet in a safe place.
The advantage of bucket-less toilets is that they are lighter and more portable. For backpackers that already carry heavy bags, and don't want to have to carry bulky tanks on top of them, this is a great advantage.
These toilets have a downside: you will need to buy waste bags that you can repurchase repeatedly. Portable camping toilets can be more complicated and therefore costlier in the end.
Except if you are a wild animal who refuses to take out the trash bags. You will need to locate a spot where fertilizer could be beneficial.
Which one do you prefer? You can either use a heavy toilet anywhere, or you could carry a light toilet seat, which is portable and only requires waste bags.
RELATED: We've found the top best rated portable toilet based on 26,015 customers’ feedback. Our top picks & buying guides help you to get budget-friendly products.
What Chemicals Do You Need For A Camping Toilet?
You can choose to purchase the chemicals in tablet or liquid form. The chemical toilet chemicals will kill germs, and mask odors. Because they are different, it is important to choose the right portable toilet chemical.
You still require chemicals to clean the waste, even if your tank is larger for camping toilets. Chemicals are used to not only remove the waste, but also reduce smell and gas buildup.
Remember to add chemicals to your waste tank prior and again after each emptying. Also, ensure you handle chemicals carefully and keep them out of reach of children and pets.
Can You Empty A Camping Toilet Into A Normal Toilet?
You cannot flush your camping toilet in a regular bathroom. You should empty the tank into a sewage line. The chemicals that are used to kill bacteria in the system can cause hygiene issues and can make it difficult for campers to use the toilet. You can't find an emptying site for your camping toilet so you will have to use a normal toilet.
Can You Poop In A Portable Camping Toilet?
You can use a camping toilet to poop. You can choose from three main types of portable toilets: compost, bucket, or chemical.
Chemical toilets and compost share the same characteristics. There are two trap doors on a portable toilet for pee and one trap door for poop. This is very simple. It is so easy!
The bucket toilet comes equipped with waste bags that can be easily disposed of. You can manage a portable toilet while camping in the woods or on your boat weekend.
How Do You Empty A Camping Toilet?
Camping is more than just sitting by a bonfire and sharing stories with friends. Other tasks must be done, such as cleaning your tent and drying your clothes.
The portable toilet that you use will have different rules about how to dispose of your waste bags. Bucket toilets are equipped with waste bags. Once the bag is full, you can tie it securely and dispose of it at the appropriate disposal location.
You can use any caravan toilet. First, find the area that you can empty it and then wash it. Next, take the portable toilet to be unloaded carefully in the designated area. Be aware that disposal locations can be varied. Take off the cap on your waste tank to prepare for emptying. After you have finished pouring the waste into the disposal tank or grid, rinse it and then refill with water if necessary.
How To Stop A Portable Camping Toilet From Smelling?
If you do not clean your portable toilet regularly, the smell can become very unpleasant. You may find it difficult to walk near it. To prevent this from happening and to keep your portable camping toilets smelling fresh, you can use an air freshener or cleaning tablet. There are also options that can help deodorize portable toilets and keep them smelling fresh.
Open the bathroom door frequently and allow it to ventilate. You should find an occasion when no one will use your caravan toilet. Keep the door open at all times for at least 30 minutes.
How Often Do You Need To Empty A Camping Toilet?
The use of the camping toilet and its climate will determine how much water is used. If you travel with just two people, the caravan toilet tank should be full within two-three days.
To give you an example, the 20-liter chemical toilet tank will fill in within three days if it is used daily. Portable toilets can also be equipped with indicators that indicate when the tank is full.
You should clean the tank regularly and not leave it to be filled up. It is important to remember that the more full the tank, the easier it will be to transport it from your camp to the appropriate disposal location.
There are numerous points to pick from in general, but doing so well may help you be more convenient and save time! When selecting a best camper toilet, pay close attention to the elements listed above, and don't forget to verify the safety.
Have you picked a product like that after reading our article on how to choose and top the best camper toilet? Hopefully, the information provided will assist you in selecting the best option for you.
READ NEXT: The Large Campfire Coffee Pot: Greatest Buying Guide In 2023