Best Car Roof Bars In The Word: Our Top Picks In 2023
1. Best Overall: CargoLoc 2-Piece 52" Aluminum Roof Top Cross Bar Set
Keep your cargo secure and secure your space with CargoLoc rooftop cross bars. These aluminum rooftop bars are designed to be used on RVs, boats, campers and more. These rooftop cross bars are made of heavy-duty aluminum and can handle up to 150 lbs of weight.
2. Best For The Price: StayThere Roof Rack Crossbars, 54'' Aero Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
StayThere Roof Rack Crossbars are the perfect solution for carrying large loads. Made from lightweight and durable aluminum, these crossbars weigh only 8.25 pounds but have a load capacity of 200 LBS . The aerodynamic ellipse design reduces wind noise and provides an aerodynamic look to your car. These bars are designed for use on most vehicles and will fit most roof racks.
3. Best Durable: BougeRV Car Roof Rack Cross Bars
Maximize your car's cargo capacity with our high-grade aluminum roof rack crossbars. Made from durable and lightweight materials, these bars are easy to assemble in minutes and are designed to support up to 150lbs.
4. Best Efficient: SEAH HARDWARE Universal Roof Rack Cross-Bars 2 PC.
This heavy duty roof rack is made with steel tubes and ratchet tie downs that will keep your kayak or canoe safe. Made from a sturdy steel tube, this universal roof rack can carry up to 2 kayaks or canoes. With water-resistant ratchet tie downs, gear stays secure on the rack even when it's soaking wet.
Car roof racks are great for carrying smaller items or bikes. When you want to carry more, attach a hitch and an extension to your car and you’ll have tons of space for cargo. Car roof rack extensions can also help you access storage from inside your vehicle.
And if it's raining, you can use the rain gutter on your vehicle to keep things dry. Of course, with all the added weight of the extra equipment, it will help if you add some cross bars between your rack and your car’s roof so that the load doesn’t sag down into the car and cause damage. Here are our top picks.
Our experts have determined the models that would be the greatest fit for your requirements, specifically CargoLoc 2-Piece 52" Aluminum Roof Top Cross Bar Set, after doing extensive study and analysis over a considerable time. Consider StayThere Roof Rack Crossbars, 54'' Aero Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars as an alternative if you're still undecided. Other suggestions on this list are definitely worth considering, and we've put up a useful shopping guide to help you decide!
RELATED: Our best roof box for subaru outback comparison and reviews here. Take a close look at the following products for 2023. Don’t pay for any item before reading these reviews.
Our Top Picks
- MEASURES 52” END TO END – Fits a maximum of a 46” span between side rails, providing ample room for your gear!. Tie-Down Features: Adjustable, Lockable : Yes.
- 150 LBS LOAD CAPACITY – Whether it’s a kayak, mountain bike, or skis, these cross bars will get your favorite toys to where the fun happens
Best For The Price
StayThere Roof Rack Crossbars, 54'' Aero Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
- 🚙 Roof Rack Crossbar Only Fits Factory Raised Side Rails with a Gap. Two raised rails that run parallel to the doors. There is enough of a gap that you could slide your hand underneath. Don't fit any flush rails and bare roof.
- 🚙 Aero Aluminum Crossbars--Weighs only 8.25 pounds but has a load capacity of 200 LBS . Elliptic design reduce wind noise, aerodynamic design.
- 【Kindly Reminder】Please double check the package box when you open the package to see if the instruction and key were stuck to the inside box, if not, please contact us and we will send you the replacements soon.
- 【Easy To Assemble In Minutes】The front crossbar is longer than the rear to accommodate vehicle size. The mounting rack install and secure with just a screwdriver, easily attaches to roof mounts without drilling. Please read the installation manual before installing.
- With water proof ratchet tie down.
- *DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!* 1800 lbs ratchet tie down ensures the roof bar will remain firmly on your car top. Whether it’s a kayak, mountain bike, or ladder, these cross bars will get your favorite things to anywhere.
- 🚙 Versatility: It provides the perfect foundation for the installation of Camping Gear, Luggage, Fishing Poles, Bikes, Snowboards, Kayaks, Canoes and other rooftop accessories.
- 🚙 Lightweight and Heavy Duty Aero Aluminum Crossbars: Aero Aluminum Crossbars are different from ordinary aluminum material, lighter weight, higher strength, with a load capacity of 198lbs.
- Universal Fit: Our roof rack cross bars are adjustable from 34.5" to 49.5", flexibly compatible with Cars, Vehicles and SUVs with raised side rails with a gap between 1.5"-2.5." (For safety, when carrying long large accessories such as surfboards or skis, please use special racks & fixing devices to secure it to the rack)
- High Load CAPACITY: Aluminum cross bars with a powder-coat finish feature anti-corrosion and sturdy enough to carry up to 150lbs; high clearance won’t block the opening of the sun roof and it is easier to mount or load
- 【No-hassle 12-Month Warranty】 BougeRV roof rack crossbars come with a 12-month warranty. If you have any concern or questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
- 【Easy To Assemble In Minutes】The mounting rack install and secure with just a screwdriver, easily attaches to roof mounts without drilling. Labeled front and back so no guessing on which one goes where. The front crossbar is longer than the rear to accommodate vehicle size. Please read the installation manual before installing.
- 【AERODYNAMIC DESIGN】Fully enclosed with anti-wind rubber strips and streamline design eliminates wind noise or vibration, gives a reduced air resistance of 55%. Matte painted surface makes the appearance more stylish and full of sportiness.
- 【ADJUSTABLE】Unique clamps grip both raised and flush-mounted roof rails with different sizes and specifications firmly. Greatly enhance clamp scope, strengthen holding power, and make the rack more reliable. Also, an anti-scratch cushion enables car paint safety.
- Please check the SportRack Compatibility Guide (under Product Details) to find the fit for your specific vehicle.
- Compatible with many accessories to carry bikes, skis, kayaks, etc
- 【Complete supporting】Car Roof Rack Cross Bars have high-level anti-theft locks，two key and windproof rubber strip.You can use it immediately upon receipt ，No need for you to buy additional accessories, reducing unnecessary trouble for you.
- 【Tips】More apply to Japanese and Korean models, especially Kia models. If you find that it cannot fit your model, please keep the relevant accessories for us when returning it, thank you for your cooperation.
What Are the Most Critical Aspects of best car roof bars That You Should Concentrate on?
You must know the best car roof bars to make a substantial purchase. There's a slew of additional issues which have to be looked at and assessed. Each commodity has its own set of difficulties. As a result, you can rely on us to give you comprehensive counsel and support.
You might quickly become overwhelmed in your quest for the best car roof bars because there are so many models and features. Avoid being suffocated by an expensive item that only serves to take up room in your cupboard by following our advice.
Beyond the size, you should also consider whether the volume in cubic feet of space is adequate for your requirements. There are sizes that range from 8 to 22 feet. You can likely find the right size box for you. You should avoid purchasing something too large for your car.
Others only permit access from one side, while some others allow you to open from both sides. Some will only allow you to access the back, so you must be aware of traffic and not stop at the curb.
Storage capacity is generally more expensive. You will also pay more for extra features and a well-known brand.
You can expect to pay $300-$400+ for a good quality carrier made by reputable manufacturers. Unfortunately, if you require something more, then the cost will go up."
Ease Of Use
What Is A Good Size Roof Box?The best size of roof boxes is the one that suits your specific needs. If you have a small car, it's not worth buying a 22-L roof box. If you are looking to transport skis, you will need to consider the dimensions of your skis when buying a roof cargo container.
How To Storage A Car Roof Box?You have several options when it comes to where you store your roof box. You can either keep the roof box in your garage or place it in your backyard with the raincover on. If your vehicle is large enough, you could even store it inside of your car.
What Is The Best Position For A Roof Box?This is the ideal position for the roof box to be centrally located when you look from the front. The weight should be evenly distributed. To avoid roof boxes that extend too far from your windshield, you should set it so that your hatch can be reached.
Will Roof Racks Scratch My Car?A rack that is properly attached to a clean roof will not cause damage or scratch to your car. To remove road grime and dirt buildup, we recommend you regularly take your roof rack off of your vehicle.
Can You Drive With An Empty Roof Box?Yes. However, you should not use your roof box for a prolonged period of time. It could have a negative impact on your fuel consumption and create extra noise.
I Have A Full-length Box And It Seems To Overhang The Bars A Long Way. Is This OK?Yes. The boxes have a design that allows approximately 1/3 to hang out behind the rear bars. One third of the roof bars supports the third and the third rests on the front bar.
How Much Gear Can I Load?Three things will determine this:
- Carry capacity of your fitted roof rack
- How the cross bars and roof style are attached to your vehicle
- Size of your rooftop carrier
Do I Need A Roof Rack?Yes. To mount the rooftop cargo boxes, you will need to have a properly fitted roof rack. All boxes can fit on most roof rack cross bars, and the mounting system is universal. To find the best roof rack for your vehicle, check out our Roof Rack Buyers Guide.
Will A Cargo Box Affect My Fuel Consumption?You will experience an increase in fuel consumption. It's very minimal. Fuel economy begins to decline when you drive at highway speeds. Fuel economy can drop by 6-10%
Do I Need Anything Else Apart From Roof Bars And A Roof Box?No. Every roof box that we sell comes with a pair of standard and box fittings, along with a set straps for keeping luggage in place. Because the boxes are secured to roof bars by the fixings inside, they can not be lifted from their bars once locked.
After all, it's time for you to pick up your buddy based on the things above. Don't waste your time at any unreliable site. As mentioned above, our website includes not only interesting information but authoritative one, so that you should come to us as regularly as possible.
We always welcome your feedback, whether positive or negative, since all of them will contribute to improving our site. Please join us for better service and wish you a cherishing shopping!
READ NEXT: The Best 10 Person Tents For Camping Of 2023