The Best Countertop Burners In 2023: Best Picks & Guidance
1. Best Overall: Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop, Countertop Burner Induction
Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop is ideal for bringing water to a boil quickly and more. With an 83% energy efficiency, it's more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves. With touch control panel: child safety lock keeps the cooking and timer settings from being accidentally changed once they have been set; fast boil button; keep the warm button (for 1-30 minutes at 140°F); up to 10-hour timer button. Read Review
2. Best For The Price: Cuisinart CB-30P1 Cast-Iron Single Burner, Stainless Steel
Featuring a heavy-duty cast iron plate, this 1300-watt large plate is backed by Cuisinart's 6-setting adjustable temperature control from low to highest heat. The "Coil-less" cooking surface is easy to clean and features non-slip rubber feet for stability on any surface. Read Review
3. Best Quality: Duxtop LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop 1800W Countertop Burner
Duxtop Portable Cooktop is an 1800W countertop burner that allows you to fry, steam and saute with the touch of a button. Child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. The cooktop is easy to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it’s easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Read Review
4. Best Performance: Ovente Electric Single Infrared Burner 7 Inch Ceramic Glass
This cooktop features an advanced infrared technology, making it ideal for achieving smooth hot tops. It's capable of heating up food quickly and evenly, even when you're cooking with a variety of cookware. The easy-to-clean burner is made from crystallite glass, making it durable and easy to clean. It's also compatible with all types of cookware. Read Review
Countertop burners are something you might not need until you have kids in the house. However, once they’re there, we’re sure that you’ll find them useful again and again. You can use a burner to heat liquids for baby formula preparation or for making soup or other stews.
They come in handy when it is extremely hot outside and you don’t want to resort to using an oven. Countertop burners are also known as panini presses because of their regular use for making sandwiches. These sandwich makers are also used for grilling and sautéing foods directly on the stovetop, rather than using an additional grill pan as is usually necessary with most countertop grills. Check out our list of the best countertop burners available in the market right now.
You are strongly encouraged to pay close attention to the Duxtop Portable Induction Cooktop, Countertop Burner Induction as our top product. Or you can check the Cuisinart CB-30P1 Cast-Iron Single Burner, Stainless Steel as the other great option, even if the first option didn't meet all of your requirements.
RELATED: Are you looking for a best countertop cooktop that meets your needs while also being cost-effective? Find the best one for you here.
Our Top Picks
- 【HIGH ENERGY EFFICIENCY】 Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency, induction burner is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves. Duxtop portable cooktop is perfect for bringing water to a boil quickly and for all of your cooking needs.
- 【100% SATISFACTION】Although induction itself is a noiseless process, there may be high pitched sounds from the cookware due to multiple layers of metals sandwiched together. Please allow the induction cooker to cool down before cleaning. If you have any questions with our product, please feel free to contact our customer service. We will address your concern to the best.
- 【DIGITAL LCD SENSOR】Touch control panel: child safety lock keeps the cooking and timer settings from being accidentally changed once they have been set; fast boil button; keep warm button (for 1-30 minutes at 140°F); up to 10-hour timer button.
- 【PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER】Duxtop induction cooktop uses 110/120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. It is lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage. Portable induction burner is perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchen, RV, boats, etc.
- 【COMPATIBLE WITH MAGNETIC COOKWARE】 In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected. Compatible with induction cookware having a diameter of at least 5 inches, which ensures a large and uniform heated area.
Best For The Price
Cuisinart CB-30P1 Cast-Iron Single Burner, Stainless Steel
- Heavy-duty cast iron plate
- 6-setting adjustable temperature control from low to highest heat
- Ready and On indicator lights
- "Coil-less" cooking surface for easy cleanup
- 1300-watt large plate
- Non-slip rubber feet
- Unit Dimensions: 11. 5" L x11" W x 2. 5" H
- Limited One Year Product
Duxtop LCD Portable Double Induction Cooktop 1800W Countertop Burner
- 【ENERGY EFFICIENT】→ Electric cooktops place the electromagnetic energy directly into the cookware without wasting energy on a heating element. This makes them extremely energy efficient while providing faster heating. The Power Sharing Feature is designed to avoid electrical overload and increase efficiency by allowing the burners to share power between them while in Power Mode.
- 【DUAL HEATING ZONES】→ This professional digital countertop induction cooktop by Duxtop is equipped with two independent heating zones that allow you to set each one separately using the LCD display screen. The Duxtop induction burner uses 120 Volts, 15 amp of electricity—standard in all North American homes.
- 【CHOOSE POWER MODE OR TEMPERATURE MODE】→ There are 20 preset levels per mode so you can select the perfect one for your cooking task. Simply press one button to switch between cooking modes. TEMPERATURE MODE is recommended to fry, steam and saute. Try POWER MODE to keep food warm or to bring water to a boil quickly.
- 【WIDE RANGE OF APPLICATIONS】→ This double induction cooker is compatible with cast iron, iron, magnetic steel, enameled iron, stainless steel manufactured with a magnetic bottom. If a magnet sticks to the cookware bottom, it should be compatible. Lightweight and attractive design makes it great for home and outdoor cooking. Low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved and built to North American electrical standards.
- 【SAFE—EASY TO USE—EASY TO CLEAN】→ Child safety lock system helps protect from injuries such as scalding. Touch control panel is simple to operate, and the rapid heating of the cookware makes cooking fast and easy. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it’s easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- US-based Customer Service lets you buy with confidence. Ovente warranties that the product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions, for 1 year from the original purchase date.
- Compatible with All Cookware – This countertop burner works well with virtually all types of cookware. However, for best results use flat cookware as close to the size of the burner as possible (7" in diameter).
- Classy and Portable – The stainless steel housing and sleek crystallite ceramic glass top make this burner look great on any countertop. Plus it is slim and light (2.4 lbs) making it perfect for small studios, kitchenettes and RVs.
- Easy to Clean – Cleaning the crystallite glass and the stainless steel housing is fast and simple—it won't take you more than a minute. Simply wipe the cooktop with a clean, damp cloth.
- Hassle-Free Cooking Experience – Powered by 120V (1000W), this cooktop uses infrared technology, an advanced system for smooth-top electric ranges that heats up food quickly and evenly.
- DURABLE & EASY TO CLEAN: The stainless steel construction ensures durability and reliability. Equipped with a 7-blade fan and back tuyere to rapidly dissipate heat. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it's easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- SENSOR TOUCH PANEL WITH LCD SCREEN: The sensor touch panel is sensitive to touch and easy to operate. The angle control panel features a large LCD readout display screen, providing easy viewing, even from a distance.
- 100% SATISFACTION: induction stoves rely on the cookware itself to heat, so it’s essential to choose magnetic bottom cookware with a minimum diameter of 5 inches. Please allow the induction hot plate to cool down before cleaning. Manufactured for reliable and durable performance in commercial and professional settings such as restaurants, industrial kitchens and other catering services.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Choose from 20 preset power levels (100W to 1800W) and 20 preset temperature level settings (100°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times.
- PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER: Duxtop professional countertop burner uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. ETL listed and built to North American electrical standards. Lightweight, portable induction cooktop makes handling and storage easy.
- With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so this induction burner is easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel. Durable 7-blade fan rapidly dissipates heat to ensure a longer product life.
- Note: In order to use this and any other induction stove, you need to use cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. 2-year manufacturer's warranty, as well as customer service.
- Digital control panel. Built-in count-down digital timer with 1 minute increments up to 170 minutes; 10 temperature range from 140 °F to 460 °F; 10 power levels from 200 to 1800 Watts.
- Duxtop Induction Cooktop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet - standard in all North American homes; lightweight and compact for easy handling and storage.
- The auto-pan detection will shut the unit automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware is detected; equipped with diagnostic error message system, low and high voltage warning system; ETL approved.
- Ready and safety "on" indicator lights. Independent adjustable thermostats with On and Ready indicator lights
- Two separate 6-setting adjustable temperature controls
- 2 heavy-duty cast iron plates for durability. Dimensions(LWH)-5.75 x 22.50 x 15.25 inches
- Non-slip feet for total stability while cooking
- Powerful 1800 watts of power for quick heat-up and heat retention throughout cooking cycle - primary burner: 1300 watts + Secondary burner: 500 watts
- 100% WARRANTY: This induction burner countertop uses 120V 15 amp electrical outlet–standard in all North American homes. Etl listed and built to North American Electrical standards. Please allow the Induction cooktop to cool down before cleaning. 2-year manufacturer warranty and customer service available.
- HIGH EFFICIENCY & SAFE: Choose from 15 preset power levels (200W to 1800W) and 15 preset temperature level settings (140°F to 460°F). With an 83% energy efficiency rating, induction cooker is more efficient than traditional gas or electric stoves yet provides quick heat-up and faster cooking times.
- CONVENIENT & PORTABLE INDUCTION BURNER: Duxtop induction cooktop offers both temperature and power modes for convenient and efficient cooking. Lightweight, portable induction burner makes handling and storage easy. Perfect for dorm rooms, home kitchens, backyard cooking, RVs, boats, etc.
- SAFETY & EASY TO CLEAN: Safety lock button keeps the cooking and timer settings from being accidentally changed once they have been set or to keeps a child from injuries such as scalding. With no open flame or heating element, food does not burn-on the glass cooktop so it's easy to clean—just wipe with a damp towel.
- INDUCTION READY COOKWARE: As induction stove relies on the cookware itself to heat, it’s essential to choose cookware with a magnetic bottom, whose diameter is at least 5 inches. The auto-pan detection will shut the unit off automatically after 60 seconds if no cookware, or the incorrect cookware is detected.
- Easy to Clean: 6.5-inch and 5-inch Cast Iron flat cooking plates are nonstick and easy to clean with a damp cloth or non abrasive sponge
- Efficient Power - With a combined wattage of 1500W, dual hot plates and individual temperature controls, delicious meals can be cooked simultaneously.
- Adjustable Temperature: Quickly reach and sustain the desired LOW, MEDIUM or HIGH heat settings with the variable temperature knob to keep food warm or boil hot water.
- Compact and portable: the compact size of the burner makes it an easily accessible item to take on the go wherever an extra cooking device is needed, at school, office, camping trips or home.
- Built in Safety: Dual power indicator lights on the front of the burner remind users when the item is powered ON; non skid feet ensure the burner remains stable during use.
- Flexible cooking Controls with display: Choose a heat level from 1-10 or cook with an exact temperature in Fahrenheit (180-450) or Celsius (82-232) with this induction cooker.
- Includes induction test magnet: if it sticks to your pan, it's induction-ready cookware.
- ZERO TO BOIL IN 7 MINUTES: You'll enjoy less waiting time every time you boil water for hot beverages or pasta. When boiling 1. 5 quarts of water from room temperature
- Versatile pan sizes: cook with everything from small 4" Diameter Saucepans up to 10" Diameter frying pans and stockpots — it's like having a fifth burner right where you need it.
- HEATS 40% FASTER (than a typical smooth top range or stove when boiling water): Whether you're cooking a family meal or heating soup, you'll enjoy fast heat up and time-saving meal preparation with this induction cooktop.
What to Look For in a best countertop burners?
Upon looking for the perfect best countertop burners, a lot of things should be taken into account. Each item has its own challenge of purchasing. As a result of the formation, we're here to help, advise, and provide answers to these problems.
Please keep in mind the following points to select best countertop burners that fit you most:
Consider the potential environmental impacts of your material. You are likely to find a product that's made using recycled materials more eco-friendly.
It is also important to consider whether the material is safe. Countertop burners with electric are not recommended for anyone who is concerned about their health. Many products contain harmful chemicals such as mercury or lead. Look for "lead free" labels to ensure you are safe.
Load Capacity And Wattage
RELATED: We present top 10 best countertop hot plate in March 2023 with excellent quality at a reasonable price. Find the best for you here.
Can I Use A Countertop Burner To Boil Water?Some countertop burners can not hold up to full-size stoves and others may be less durable than others, however, they should boil water well.
How Do You Get Melted Plastic Off An Electric Burner?Melted plastic can cause a stench, so you might consider setting your burner up outside. If you have a cast iron coil burner or an aluminum skillet, reduce the heat until the plastic is softened. After that, scrape off any excess with a silicon or wood spatula. When you are done, increase the heat and allow the remaining plastic to cook. To remove any plastic remaining on the glass-top burner, scrape it the same as before.
Will A Portable Electric Burner Boil Water?A portable electric stove can boil water. However, the real question is what amount of water you need to boil. How long does it take. Many factors affect the results, such as water temperature and altitude. You can have a significant impact on the surface area and heat source of your burner. The burner's power, efficiency, and size will affect the speed at which water boils.
Is There Anything You Shouldn't Use On An Electric Burner?Standard electric burners are portable and built-in, so they can take all sorts of metal cookware. Cast iron, which heats faster, retains heat more effectively than aluminum, while cast iron cools quicker, but heats less quickly. Glass-top stoves are more susceptible to scratching so cookware made of ceramic, cast iron, and heavy saucepans must be handled with care. For other purposes, save glass and plastic pots.
Are Countertop Burners Safe?They're usually just as safe as your household stove. You might argue that they are safer because an electric range needs twice the power (a 240V outlet), whereas countertop options require a 120V outlet.
Their use is what can make them less safe. It's a bad idea to "expand" your stove and add a countertop cooktop burner, but place it next to the sink. You're putting your electrical components at risk. It's asking for an accident or a simple fire.
These can also cause burns if placed on hot stoves in the kitchen. Avoid using these items on high breakfast bars or slim counters.
Last, safety is important: If your countertop burner uses butane gas as its fuel, make sure you have enough ventilation. These burners are less safe during winter because people won't open their windows to let the cold in.
How Does An Electric Burner Work?A majority of electric burners depend on coils. Coils can be either placed under or above a glass or cast-iron surface. This allows electricity to circulate through the coils and heats the pot. Cast iron burners perform in the same fashion as coil-burners, except they are made out of solid metal. An electric burner with a glass top heats up and transfers to the glass. Once the desired temperature is reached, it turns on and off. Differently, an induction stove works by creating magnet energy, which is transferred through the pane to warm the pot.
The list of best countertop burners will be regularly updated to be included in additional data by our editor's team. Please keep an eye around for any amendments made to our website.
Our consultants could support you with problems related to best countertop burners and other things as well. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need advice.
READ NEXT: The Best Semi Auto Air Rifle: Reviews In 2023 By Experts