Best Emergency Car Battery Jump Starter: Top Picks Of 2023
1. Best Overall: NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box
With a compact, yet powerful 2000-Amp battery that’s rated for gasoline engines up to 8 liters and diesel engines up to 6 liters, the NOCO GB70 portable jump starter pack is the perfect accessory for your vehicle. This portable lithium car battery jump starter comes with everything you need in the box. Read Review
2. Best For The Price: GOOLOO 4000A Peak Car Jump Starter 12V Auto Battery Booster
The GOOLOO GP4000 12V car battery booster is a portable emergency lifesaver that can jump-start your car in just seconds so that you are never stranded and unsafe. It's also a rugged backup power source to keep your vehicle running during emergencies such as when you're running out of gas or need a jump start during cold weather or winter months. Read Review
3. Best Safety: Imazing Portable Car Jump Starter - 2000A Peak 18000mAH 12V Auto Battery Booster
Imazing Portable Car Jump Starter - 2000A Peak 18000mAH 12V Auto Battery Booster is a compact yet powerful jump starter that can charge your car battery in just 10 minutes. It features dual USB output ports, one Type-C in(out) port, and a built-in LCD screen so you can see how much power is left on the jump starter. Read Review
4. Best Battery Life: NEXPOW Car Jump Starter, 21800mAh 12V Portable Car Battery Starter
NEXPOW Upgraded auto car jump starter with High-speed polymer battery used instead of a normal starter. With the super 21800mah capacity, our car battery starter is easy to start a 12V vehicle up to 30 times. With its power, it can fully charge your devices at the fastest speed possible. Read Review
When you need to get your car started quickly and with minimal fuss, an emergency car battery jumper is exactly what you need. These devices are designed to jump start your car’s battery when it’s dead and won’t start again. They come in all shapes and sizes, but they all have one thing in common: they help you get your car back on the road as quickly as possible.
With that in mind, we take a look at the best emergency car battery jump starters on the market today so you can keep your car running smoothly until you can get it repaired or to its next of kin for inspection.
Our experts have determined the models that would be the greatest fit for your requirements, specifically NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, after doing extensive study and analysis over a considerable time. Consider GOOLOO 4000A Peak Car Jump Starter 12V Auto Battery Booster as an alternative if you're still undecided. Other suggestions on this list are definitely worth considering, and we've put up a useful shopping guide to help you decide!
Our Top Picks
NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box
- Advanced Design - Our most advanced portable car battery jump starter ever. Featuring high-discharge lithium technology for safe operation in any climate. A rugged and water-resistant enclosure rated at IP65. A rubberized over-molded casing to prevent scratching or marring of surfaces. Allows rapid charging in 2-hours via the vehicles auxiliary port. And an ultra-compact and lightweight design weighing just 5 pounds.
- UltraSafe - Safe and easy to use car battery jump starter pack without the worry of incorrect connections or sparks. Safely connect to any 12-volt automotive car battery with our mistake-proof design featuring spark-proof technology and reverse polarity protection.
- Start Dead Batteries - Safely jump start a dead car battery in seconds with this compact, yet powerful, 2000-amp portable lithium car battery jump starter pack - up to 40 jump starts on a single charge - and rated for gasoline engines up to 8 liters and diesel engines up to 6 liters.
Best For The Price
GOOLOO 4000A Peak Car Jump Starter 12V Auto Battery Booster
- Type C Input and Output - Supports USB type-C charging (5V/3A). You can use it to charge your other devices or charge the jump starter itself
- High Capacity Portable Charger - GOOLOO Car Starter GP4000 is equipped with dual USB charge ports (one compatible with fast charging). It can be taken anywhere and quickly charge numerous portable devices, such as smartphones, tablets, cameras, GPS, camcorders, Bluetooth headphones and more.
- Rugged 12V Car Jump Starter - The hardened plastic and rubber corners make sure the starter can withstand drops without any problem. A built-in flashlight can assist you in vehicle emergencies at night
Imazing Portable Car Jump Starter - 2000A Peak 18000mAH 12V Auto Battery Booster
- SAFETY PROTECTION: With UL2743 standard certification and the LCD intelligent clamp of 8 advanced safety protection technologies(Reverse polarity, reverse connection, over-current, overload, over-voltage, over-charge, over-discharge, short circuit), Imazing jump starter provides ultimate protection for your safety.
- FAST CHARGING: Designed with dual USB output ports and one Type-C in(out) port, the quick-charge 3.0 USB port provides the fastest charging speed and is compatible with almost all USB charging devices, including phones, tablets, cameras, kindles and etc.
- Imazing POWERFUL CAR JUMP STARTER: With 2000A peak current, it can jump start (Up to 10.0L Gas or 8.0L Diesel) 12V cars, motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, lawn mowers, snowmobiles and etc. up to 30 times on a full charge.
Best Battery Life
NEXPOW Car Jump Starter, 21800mAh 12V Portable Car Battery Starter
- 🚗【SUPER CAPACITY AND PEAK】NEXPOW Upgraded auto car jump starter used a High-speed polymer battery instead of a normal starter. With the super 21800mah capacity, our car battery starter is easy to start a 12V vehicle up to 30 times (not only the gas engine but also the diesel engine). Also, battery jump starters could start trucks, motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, UTV, lawnmowers, and yachts up in a few minutes, even in extreme temperatures (-4°F~140°F).
- 🚗【6 IN 1 MULTI- FUNCTION】Emergency jump starter + portable charger + LED Flashlight + S.O.S Lighting Signal for help + Dual USB quick charge +for the vehicle electrical supply. A Must Have For Every Car!
- All chargers that support USB cable could be used to charge the jump starter.Such as your phone charger (Wall charger not included.) TIP: Please use the original USB A to USB C charging cable (or the same type of USB A to USB C charging cable to charg)
Best Built In Light
Car Battery Jump Starter Portable - 600A Peak Waterproof 12V Portable Battery Booster Pack
- 🚗 WHAT YOU’LL GET: A battery jump pack , Intelligent clamps, Jumper cable, USB charging cable, User manual(not include case) and friendly Customer Service. If you have questions or meet problems during the using process, welcome to contact us, our professional technical team will help you solve the problem within 24 hours.
- 🚗 Single Purchase equal to a 8600mAh Power Bank and Heavy Duty Jumper Cables. With the compact design that you can take this jump start battery pack anywhere to charge your smartphones, tablets, cameras and so on.
- 🚗 INTELLIGENT PROTECTION TERMINALS: This auto battery booster jump starter pack with an intelligent protection systems such as over-voltage protection, short-circuit protection, overheating protection etc. The improved warning signals prevent the wrong use to protect you and your vehicle.
- Reverse polarity alarm alerts when there is an improper connection; Connect the clamps to the battery, turn on the switch and start your vehicle. All Metal Powder Coated Clamps
- Built-in 12V DC outlet and USB port provide portable power for electronic devices; Includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Jump starter should be charged every 30 days when not in use; Charges using a standard household extension cord (sold separately)
- More than a Jump Starter: It’s also a 20000mAh battery bank for charging devices and a flashlight with 3 modes. Plus a 12 volt 10 amps port for powering any 12V DC devices, like tire inflators, inverters, and more.
- Powerful Performer: 2000 Amps peak cranking amp can start the vehicles up to 8.5L Gas/6.0L Diesel engines. A single charge can achieve 60 times jump-start.
- Charges using standard extension cord: Charger/extension cord not included
- 120 PSI Digital compressor with auto stop and and a surefit nozzle
- Compressor features a new 10 minute Auto Shut Off timer to avoid damage from heat, should the compressor be left ON unintentionally or unattended
- 【Warming Tips】: Please check the power level when traveling. Just CONTACT US if you have any problems with your power station/ battery jump starter, lifetime maintenance to repair stations in the US.
- 【Rechargeable Battery Other Configuration】: ZunDian emergency power station with LED utility light for waring, meet different requirements anytime. With Easy-read analog voltmeter for checking battery status, so as to timely charge the power supply, Comes with AC Recharging Adapter, DC Recharging Adapter (fuse 40A).
- 【6 in 1 Multiple Functions Emergency Battery Starter】: ZunDian AGM car jump starters provide up to 1400 Peak/700 instant peak current. Can safely start 6.0L and above gasoline engines, diesel engine vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, boats, RVs, tractors, and lawnmowers. A heavy-duty jumper clamp, built-in, provides reverse polarity alarm alerts to ensure it's safe to use. ❃[Support standard displacement: 6000cc and above, 4-8 cylinders engines]
- EMERGENCY CHARGING 3.0: With the new generation dual USB 5V/3A, 9V/2A, 15V/1.5A output, which is compatible with almost all USB charging devices, including phones and tablets, can quickly charge with our quick charge port, which is 1.8X faster than the standard port.
- POWERFUL LIFESAVER: This NEXPOW car jump starter has enough power (2500A peak current) to jump-start most 12 volt vehicles on the road! (up to 8.0L gas or 8L diesel engines) This NEXPOW car jump starter works with cars, motorcycles, watercraft, ATVs, UTVs, SUVs, lawnmowers, yachts, boats, pickup, snowmobiles, etc.
To Choose The best emergency car battery jump starter, What Criteria Do You Need To Study Before?
Almost all buyers are anxious about getting best emergency car battery jump starter. Whenever creating multiple purchases, various issues need to be resolved. Our market expertise will give you help to make the best shopping selection.
Please consider the following factors before selecting best emergency car battery jump starter:
- The unit's cranking power is the maximum amount of amperage that it can deliver if the engine needs to be turned on. Modern jump starters typically have 400 amps of cranking force.
- Peak power is the highest power that a jumpstart can produce. Although 1000 amperes is the most popular value, there are many models that have less or more peak power. It is not possible to find the "best power value"; it depends on what you need and which car battery type.
What Other Portable Jump Starter Features Do I Need To Look For?
Although many portable jump starters have additional features, the problem is their size and weight. The jump starter becomes much heavier when you add all the features together, and it weighs in at over 30 pounds. This may not be an issue for some uses, such as camping trips. You may not wish to carry a larger portable battery around with you in your Mazda Miata. Although this is a popular option, some manufacturers like Antigravity offer additional accessories such as a smaller, more powerful compressor to go with the paperback-sized lithium-polymer jump start batteries. However, it can increase the price.
How Do You Use A Jump Starter?
Connect the positive jumper cables to the positive terminal of the battery. Then connect the negative cable from the engine block to the cable. Place the jumpbox in an out of sight location and then try to turn on your car. After your car has started, you can disconnect the cables from the jumpbox and attach them.
Does Total Storage Capacity Matter In Portable Jump Starters?
The storage capacity is usually measured in amperes, or milliamp-hours (1 Ah equals 1,000 mAh). If you intend to use your portable jumpstart battery or portable car charger as an emergency power source or backup battery, the total storage space matters even more. An increase in the number indicates more storage capacity. The typical portable battery's rating is between 5 and 22 amp-hours.
Why Do I Need A Jump Starter?
There is no worse feeling than walking to your car every morning and discovering that the battery has run out.
You could rely solely on jumper cables but you can also keep a jumper starter in your vehicle. This allows you to quickly jump start your car without losing any time.
How Many Amps Should A Portable Jump Starter Have?
The starting amps are often indicated on portable jump starters. If you intend to use your battery for the original purpose of jump-starting engines, this is especially important. For a large V8 engine, especially a diesel engine to start on cold days, it could take upwards of 500 amps. A battery jumper designed for four-cylinder engines will make it more difficult to accomplish this task. Manufacturers rate portable jumpstart batteries for motorcycle engines. Make sure you read all the details about your battery. You should look at the cranking or starting amps. Don't fret too much about peak amp numbers.
How Much Does A Jump Starter Cost?
Jump starter prices vary depending on the features, however it is possible to get a good option for as low as $50 and $60. You can expect to spend about $150+ if you choose to upgrade your model.
Do I Need To Buy A Battery Charger As Well?
A battery charger recharges the car's battery, which is different from a jumpstart. This can be very useful in many situations. It takes at most a couple of hours for a battery charger to charge a car's battery. This makes them less suitable for people who need quick access to the roads. You also need to connect them to a power source, so they aren't as portable. They can also be used to fix a bad alternator.
What About The Battery Chemistry Of Portable Jump Starters?
There are many options for portable batteries, including sealed lead acid and absorbent glass mats, as well as lithium jump starters, ultracapacitors, and even ultracapacitors. Chemistry is less important for the ultimate utility, but more so for its weight and size. It's unlikely that you will need a sealed lead-acid booster battery if you are looking for something to keep in your glovebox.
What Kind Of Portable Battery Jump Starter Do I Need?
The first thing to think about when choosing a portable jump starter battery is the purpose it will be used for. While most car batteries and car chargers can be used in a variety of ways, some car jump starters are limited to what they can do. You don't need to worry about your small TV running out of power, but you should consider a battery pack with an AC inverter.
Since merchandising consultant pros have a wide variety of expertise, the information above is presumed to be accurate. The data of best emergency car battery jump starter is also updated on a regular basis. You may feel confident that the data is current and accurate.
Please report any problems with best emergency car battery jump starter so that we can improve your experience. We'll work even harder to improve our quality as a consequence of your favorable comments!