Top Picks Best Solar Panel For Trail Camera: Updated In March 2023
1. Best Overall: Trail Camera Solar Panel
With the WingHome Solar Battery Charger Kit, you can use sunlight as a source of energy and generate clean and emission-free electricity to keep your device charged all season. The kit includes a panel with pre-drilled holes that is easy to mount and secure on any location, such as your backpack or vehicle, or it can be used in conjunction with a solar power system. Read Review
2. Best Bang For The Buck: CREATIVE XP 2021 Trail Camera Solar Panel Kit
The Creative Xp Solar Panel is a great way to power trail cameras, camcorders, and other devices that require sunlight. Simply attach the panel to any device and enjoy up to 3 hours of sunlight-powered operation with this Lithium 2400 mAh Battery. The solar panel doesn’t charge the AA batteries because it has its own battery! Read Review
3. Best Safety: Covert Scouting Cameras 5267 Solar Panel
This solar panel is a must-have for any outdoor adventures at night. It will charge your GoPro from the sun, stop it from overheating and use it in any environment. It also comes with a rear pouch so you can easily carry the camera with you. Read Review
4. Best Efficient: TACTACAM Reveal Solar Panel
Get the most out of your solar powered camera. The TACTACAM Reveal Solar Panel is perfect for any outdoor enthusiast who wants to use their cellular trail cam without a battery pack. The integrated lithium battery rechargeable battery pack can be recharged by the sun and will provide up to 100 hours of constant power when fully charged. Read Review
If you own a trail camera or are planning to get one, you will most likely be looking for the best solar panel for trail camera. You need something that can capture a lot of images in the long hours of darkness and also keep your energy bills at bay. Trail cameras are becoming more popular than ever before. They help hunters find their target and give them the best chance of a successful hunt. The camera needs to be placed on some visible point so others aren’t tempted to take a look, and it needs to be concealed from sight.
To use these devices effectively, you need batteries, a way to recharge them when necessary and somewhere in which to hide them. That’s why you need the best solar panel to get longer run times. Fortunately, there are several great options out there which we’ll be reviewing today. Bear in mind that not all panels are created equal and some will perform better than others depending on their construction, manufacturer, and test conditions. With that being said, here are the best solar panel for your trail camera...
After 21 hours of research on customer feedback & product specifications, We've come up that the best solar panel for trail camera is Trail Camera Solar Panel. If you desire extra features not included in this model, you might look into another one: CREATIVE XP 2021 Trail Camera Solar Panel Kit. It could better suit your needs.
Our Top Picks
Trail Camera Solar Panel
- 【Out of Box】solar panel, mounting bracket, DC charger, 3 cables, installation kit
- 【Consistent Free Power】Use sunlight as a source of energy and generate clean & emission free electricity to keep your device charged the entire season
- 【Easy to Install】With the installation kit and pre-drilled holes on the back and bottom of the panel, you will spend less than 5 minutes for fast mounting and securing
Best Bang For The Buck
CREATIVE XP 2021 Trail Camera Solar Panel Kit
- The Best Value for Your Money: Creative Xp is a New York family-owned business and we design our products in the U.S. & Switzerland. We take pride in offering a U.S. based customer service tailored to your needs. All our hunting electronics & optics are shipped from the U.S. Amazon Warehouses and they have passed a 2-step quality check. If you aren’t 110% satisfied, we provide a full refund. – No hassle, just love
- Solar Energy is the Best Power Option: The Creative Xp Solar Panel has a Lithium 2400 mAh Battery to store the solar energy and the trail cam will take all the power it needs from the Lithium battery. The Solar Panel doesn’t charge the AA batteries because it has its own battery! Customers claimed that they didn’t check on the camera or the batteries for over a year
- Never Worry About Batteries: While other portable solar panels are complicated to install, break after a few months or they just destroy your camera, the Premium 2400 mAh Solar Panel from Creative XP is ready to use out of the box. It is uniquely designed to power efficiently all 9-12V Cellular Game Cameras (GlassRaven 4G).
- Weather resistant
- Pulse width modulation charge controller for fast, efficient charging
- Fits all Covert scouting cams produced from 2014 through 2017
TACTACAM Reveal Solar Panel
- WARRANTY INFORMATION: We’re disappointed if you’re not completely satisfied with your Tactacam purchase. We take a lot pride in our products and service! If you are experiencing a problem with a Tactacam purchase, please take a minute to read the information below to determine if your issue is covered under the Tactacam warranty.
- INTEGRATED BATTERY: Rechargeable Lithium Battery Pack Integrated in to the Panel
- EFFICIENT: 12v Output. Get results like never before and be the hero you always wanted to be.
- INCLUDES: Included cable fits Reveal X , XB , X Gen 2.0 and SK models Includes : Panel - Cable - DC Charger - Strap - Mount
- DESIGNED TO PROVIDE POWER: Reveal by Tactacam’s 12-volt External Solar Panel with integrated rechargeable Lithium battery is designed to provide power to all brands of Trail Cameras – even if the host camera batteries are dead
HAWKRAY Trail Camera Solar Panel
- 【Works with most trail & game cameras】 The trail camera solar panel has dual male connector and wide voltage desig.So it works with our Hawkray trail cameras and other brands outdoor security cameras powered by DC 6V-12v with 3.5*1.35mm and 5.5*2.1mm male connector.
- 【Easy to Install and use】You just only need to use bracket (included in the package) to fix the solar panel to the tree trunk or the wall of the forest wooden house. The 10ft cable allows you to put the solar panel in the highest position to better absorb sunlight.
- 【Long-lasting and never power off】The solar panel built-in 5200 high-capacity battery, the angle-adjustable base makes it fully absorb the energy of the sun, providing continuous power for your trail and game cameras.If the solar panel is insufficient due to continuous rainy weather, you can charge it by USB indoor.The USB cable is in the packaging.
Upperosey Trail Camera Solar Panel
- 🔆🔋【Reliable Metal Mounting】Stainless steel mounting definitely holds longer and stronger in outdoor tough environments, no matter hot summer or freezing winter.
- 🔆🔋【10 Feet Cable】To achieve as much sunlight as possible, this 10 feet cable of the solar panel will help reach higher and give your more flexibility.
- 🔆🔋【3 Sizes DC Connectors】Equipped with 3 sizes of DC connectors 1.35/1.7/2.1mm, able to fit and provide solar power to most hunting cameras in any season.
- 🔆🔋【6V Stable Output】Upperosey trail camera solar panel supports stable DC output options, 6V/1.5A. Compatible with most brands Vekeri, GardePro and more.
- 🔆🔋【5200mAh Large Capacity】Solar panel with rechargeable 5200mAh battery is a plus. During cloudy days, this large capacity will assist you to survive in the game.
Trail Camera Solar Panel XTU
- 【Consistent Free Power】Use sunlight as a source of energy and generate clean & emission-free electricity to keep your device charged the entire season.
- 【Universal Compatibility】Compatible with various brands’ trail cameras outdoor security cameras powered by the input voltage of 6V 2A or 6V 1.5A and a DC interface of 3.5mm. (The Trail Camera Solar Panel dimensions are 14mm*99mm*15mm, operation temperature is -20°C~60°C.)
- 【Environment-Friendly】No longer waste a ton of money on batteries for trail cameras and other outdoor accessories. Use a solar panel which is the budget-friendly and efficient powering option for your trail camera.
- 【Easy to Install】With the installation kit and pre-drilled holes on the back and bottom of the panel, or connect the solar panel with your trail camera with the provided cable. You will spend less than 5 minutes on fast mounting and securing.
- 【IP66 Waterproof 】IP66 waterproof is designed for both indoor and outdoor use, protecting the solar panel from rain, moisture, dust, corrosion, etc. Therefore, the solar panel can work with your hunting camera on rainy days outside.
Camojojo Double Trail Camera Solar Panel
- [Innovative double-panel folding design] The ingenious folding buckle design and the double-sided panels make it smaller and more portable. When it’s opened outdoors, usable area will expand, thereby enhancing the rate of utilization of sunlight and maximizing the efficiency.
- [Green Energy & Cost-Saving] Your hunting camera's battery life won't be an issue when you put it outdoors. citOnce investing in a high-capay battery with a capacity of 3000 mAh, you can save yourself tens of dollars in battery costs and the cost of gas to travel to a remote location once a week to replace the camera battery. And it is better for the environment if light is used as an energy source.
- [Broad Compatibility & IP66 Waterproof] This solar panel has two outputs. The 12V DC output can power your trail cameras or other security cameras that use 4.0*1.7mm and 5.5*2.1mm male plugs, and the 5.5V USB output can power devices like a mobile phone.
- [Increased Solar Energy Capture and Longer-Lasting Lithium Polymer Batteries] The panel can still charge your battery even if you put it in a shaded area, like the middle of a forest. The panel's PET construction makes it resistant to the bad weather and extreme temperatures.. Temperatures between 5 and 60 degrees Celsius are optimal for operation (41 and 122 degrees Fahrenheit).
- [Instant Expert Reply] In order to ensure customers experience goes off without a hitch, Camojojo Solar Panel Service, a reputable outdoor equipment manufacturer, offers 24 hours customer service. If you have any problem, please contact us anytime.
Trail Camera Solar Panel
- 【The best after-sales service】: If you have any product problems, please contact us for a full refund. To ensure that our products can truly bring a good experience to buyers, and focus on making good products, thank you for choosing us.
- 【Protect the Environment & Your Wallet】: Going through hundreds of batteries isn’t good for the environment. Why not use a solar charging system when it’s the cheapest and most efficient powering option for your game cam? the monocrystalline solar cells ensure that the motion detection sensor and IR LEDs always function at maximum performance
- 【New energy & time saving】 You don't want to waste hours driving to change the batteries of your trail cam or spend $10 every 2 weeks on new batteries. Our New XT80 Use sunlight as a source of energy and generate clean & emission free electricity to keep your device charged the entire season. Thousands of customers asked for a solar charger and we delivered.-It's never been easier
- SOLAR PANEL: Reveal by Tactacam’s 12-volt External Solar Panel with integrated rechargeable Lithium battery is designed to provide power to all brands of Trail Cameras – even if the host camera batteries are dead.
- FREEZE ACTION: Its fast trigger and low glow infrared will freeze the action day or night without spooking wildlife. Efficiency is key when it comes to successful performance. Get hold of this amazing bundle and be the pro you always wanted to be.
- ULTIMATE REMOTE SCOUTING TOOL: Tactacam’s REVEAL X Cellular Camera is the ultimate remote scouting tool. The camera is ideal for locations with limited access or to put on your hunting properties. Start seeing the action as it’s happening even when you’re not in the woods!
What to Look For in a best solar panel for trail camera?
To buy any product seems easy, but to choose the best one is not straightforward. The time you take to research its outcome is significant. The same matter also comes to best solar panel for trail camera of 2023 that we include in this article. But you can relax instead of spending too much time learning the products. It’s our duty!
Here are the main features of best solar panel for trail camera that all of you guys should keep in mind when deciding to make a purchase:
Camera Capture Modes
Trigger Speed & Recovery Time
Recovery time refers to the time taken by the camera for another photo. Most cameras have the ability to set the delay. However, recovery time is what determines the speed at which your camera can take another photo in its most advanced setting.
Memory Cards Vs. Cellular Plans
Image & Video Quality
What Is The Difference Between A Game Camera And A Trail Camera?There are many names for wildlife cameras. They are also known as game cameras or trail cameras. A game camera is the same as a trail camera. You can choose from many models and call them either a trail or game camera. Trailcampro has a lot of reviews on trail cameras and game cameras to help you choose the right camera for your situation.
Can’t I Just View Game Camera Pictures On A Digital Camera?Digital cameras and gaming cameras don't usually work well together. While the digital camera may be able to read some images, it is more likely that the SD card will not work. You can either get a viewer, or use your computer as a laptop.
What Is The Best Time To Deploy A Trail Camera?Each season has its uses, but the location of cameras may vary with each season.
What Is The Best Location For A Game Camera?Although there are many wonderful places to put a camera, my preference is for areas where food, water and bedding can be found. They will change throughout the year.
Should I Get A Wireless Trail Camera Instead? Wouldn’t That Make It Easier To Get Pictures?Since their introduction, cellular trail cameras are much more reliable than ever. These cameras are much easier to setup and more reliable. For more information, see our Cellular Trail Camera Guide.
What Are The Best Types Of Batteries To Use In Trail Cameras?The best battery for you is the non-rechargeable Lithium AA batteries. However, they are also the most costly. While Alkaline batteries can work well, they will quickly lose their effectiveness in cold conditions. NiMH rechargeable battery are not always reliable. These batteries are cost-effective, however, depending on the battery's quality and your camera, you may get a different mileage.
How High Off The Ground Should A Trail Camera Be?You can set up trail cameras in many ways. It doesn't have to be done in one way. As a general rule, it is best to mount trail cameras at least waist-high. For most situations, such as watching birds or placing a camera along a trail, this works well.
Thanks to our experienced editors, the information on the website is always up-to-date and, of course, accurate. But whether you get, it updated or not depends on how often you visit our website. Please make sure you keep a close look for us not to miss any change.
Would you mind letting us know if there are any issues or difficulties with best solar panel for trail camera? Your feedback, of course, inspires us with the motivation to improve the website!